Integrate Slido with Microsoft Teams

• 24 August 2020
  • 63 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Adding Slido to your Microsoft Teams meeting allows your audience to submit and upvote questions, vote in polls, or participate in surveys and quizzes directly in the Teams meeting window during your call.

Important:
At the moment, only the meeting organizer can add Slido to Microsoft Teams meeting and both the organizer and the attendees (within the same organization) need to use the native Microsoft Teams desktop app.

If you have any questions or problems regarding the integration, check out our FAQ article.

This integration is available in all our plans.

Watch our video guide or follow the step-by-step tutorial below:

In this article:

Add Slido to your Teams meeting

Using Microsoft Teams calendar

Before you can add Slido to your meeting, please first schedule the meeting, invite at least one participant to it and then hit Save. Afterwards, open the meeting by clicking Edit.

You can then add Slido to your meeting:

1. Click the + button in the menu bar and choose Slido

2. Log in with your Slido account or sign up

3. Choose whether you wish to create a new Slido event or use an already existing one

Using Outlook

Before you can add Slido to your meeting, please first schedule the meeting.

Afterwards, open the meeting in Teams Calendar to add the Slido app:

1. Click the + button in the menu bar and choose Slido

2. Log in with your Slido account or sign up

3. Choose whether you wish to create a new Slido event or use an already existing one

If you don’t see Slido among the apps, please contact your IT department as there might be restrictions in place and Slido app needs to be whitelisted.

Please note that you have to add Slido individually to each meeting where you want to use it.

Prepare your meeting

Afterwards, you can set up your polls and Q&A session as needed, the same way as if you were in Slido admin.

Run your meeting

If you’ve added Slido to your Teams meeting, the audience will automatically see it right next to the video call. The admin interface is visible only to you.

During the meeting, Slido is visible both to you and the participants directly in the window during your call.

You can manage the event and the participants can interact with it without the need to switch the windows or apps.

This is how the integration works for your participants:

Alternative solution: Collect questions outside of a meeting

If you want to collect questions outside of a meeting, you can add Slido to your Teams channel.

Create or select an event and other channel members can ask and upvote questions directly there, as shown below:

Collaborating on a meeting

Would you like to have several people control Slido as admins via our Microsoft Teams integration? If so, make sure you’ve added them as collaborators to the respective Slido event using our Share access feature.

Each user with admin access to a Slido event will also have admin access within the integration. This works both before the Teams meeting (in the tab) and during the Teams meeting (in the sidebar).

Curious about more?

63 replies

Hi Slido,

My attendees cannot see the poll results in Teams.  I either have to share my screen and show the results in Slido or just tell everyone the results.  It’s not ideal.  I have clicked the toggle to Hide/Show results, but they still don’t see them.  Any thoughts?

Hi @kathym,

This behavior is on the side of Teams rather than on the side of Slido.

The message can be turned off when adding Slido using the “Do not post about this tab” option. Can you please uncheck this option when adding Slido? 

I hope this helps! 

Can we remove the automated message that shows up in the Teams meeting chat when you add a Slido?

When I add Slido to a Teams Outlook meeting, a new chat message shows up in Teams:

“Slido

Hi there! You have added Slido as a tab to your meeting. To continue, open your Meeting settings or use Slido directly during your meeting. Check out this quick video or our guide for more information.”

Everyone sees this. For a meeting that is a large number of participants (100s+ people) and 2-3 weeks in advance, I do not want them to receive this notification.

Hello @Inbal,

Unfortunately, the Webex login method still doesn’t work in Microsoft Teams. The rough timeline for fixing this is either the end of this calendar year or the beginning of the next one. 

I apologize for the inconvenience caused, I understand that this is really frustrating. 

Hi @Inbal 

At the moment, we don’t support the Webex login method for our Microsoft Teams integration. Apologies for the inconvenience. 

Is there any future plans? It is still not working in MS Teams. Our users are not amused.

Hi @Inbal 

At the moment, we don’t support the Webex login method for our Microsoft Teams integration. Apologies for the inconvenience. 

Hi @Art Point 

At the moment, we don’t support Live events and there’s no ETA for this either. 

Hi @EPO 

Sorry to hear about this issue.

We had a bug with SSO a while ago which might’ve caused this to happen.

If the issue still persists, can you please contact our support team at support@slido.com for further assistance? 

Hi @spierce 

Just to double-check, did the participants meet the following criteria?

• Using Desktop client of the app
  • Logged in with their company accounts

If so, I believe there might some IT setting on your end that’s blocking them from seeing the App and perhaps they need some additional whitelisting. 

Hello Slido Community,

i have a problem, if I try to login into slido(Webex-Licensed) in MS Teams after added to the meeting, the slido tab is blank. 

Also if try it in a ongoing meeting it is blank, but the participant can see the app in the side panel. The Host view is blank.

Hi Sli.do team,

I would like to ask about Live Event in Microsoft teams. Is Slido support Live event?

Thank you.

Art Point

Hi,

Trying the Teams integration with a slido event where SAML SSO is configured.

Two issues:

• people are suggested to log in their email used for Teams or even automatically logged in
  • the SSO option is not available to login

So my question: is SAML SSO in the Slido Teams app ?

We have a policy with 2 users that have all apps enabled.

Our Global Policy does not have Slido enabled.

I can add the slido app in my Teams-Meetings but the users who are on the Global policy never see the app appear in the meeting. Is there a setting in Teams-Admin Center I am missin that needs to be enabled for all other users to see Slido?

Sli.do is not appearing as an app I can download in teams - am I doing something wrong?

Badge

Hi @Ricardo_jim,

If you scheduled your meeting and you still can’t see the + button, please make sure at least one participant is invited to this meeting. Once done, go to Edit the meeting and the + button should be available. In case the problem still persists, please make sure you have enabled Turn on new meetings experience under Microsoft Teams Settings → General.

Hope this helps but here in case of any follow-up questions, feel free to reach out to me directly at mceselka@slido.com and I’d be happy to connect.

Mario

Hello everyone

I want to know how to solve the problem of the + sign in Microsoft teams since recently we have been interested in the sli.do platform but we have not been able to use it correctly in MS teams

I appreciate all your cooperation.

Badge

Hi @JT_12345,

Thanks for reaching out! We tried to replicate the issue but were not able to given that this might be linked with the Teams directly. What might help here is to connect and have a look together at what might be the reason for this message, so we can fix it.

Feel free to reach out to me at mceselka@slido.com and I’d be more than happy to schedule a quick call.

Many thanks,

Mario.

I’ve been using slido with my teams, and it’s been working perfectly and then all of a sudden, I can’t see the slido tab at the top of MS Teams (neither can anyone else)

When I try and add slido again I get a message saying that it’s already added….. help!

Userlevel 1
Badge

@VictoriaH I will message you directly, as it would be great to see this live. 

Hi - Thank you for your advice.  This was actually the first thing that I tried, but I don't get the options.  I only get ‘Copy Ctrl+C’

Badge

Hi @VictoriaH,

To remove the unrequired occurrences, you can:

1. Go to Chat
  2. Choose the meeting you'd like to remove Slido from
  3. Find the Slido event at the top bar you'd like to remove
  4. Right-click to remove it

I’m also attaching a screenshot of what I mean. I hope this helps.

Adam

I have a recurring meeting in teams and have ended up with multiple occurrences of the slido app which is confusing participants as there a 3 slide buttons in the meeting view - how can I remove the unrequired occurrences? 

Hey @essinger consulting / Phil,

It’s only the host. Once they add Slido to a meeting, the Slido badge will be automatically activated for the participants, so they don’t have to worry about anything. They just have to interact. :) 

Best, Adam.

Thx Adam for the fast response.

Then we will go for our event on the Engage Version. Bye Phil

Badge

Hey @essinger consulting / Phil,

It’s only the host. Once they add Slido to a meeting, the Slido badge will be automatically activated for the participants, so they don’t have to worry about anything. They just have to interact. :) 

Best, Adam.

Hi Martin, I’ve also a question on the Teams integration. If we have a Q&A for Company internals in teams, do all the participants need to install the slides.do App/plugin into MS Teams – or does only the Admin/Host have to install the app? So everyone or only the host?

thx Phil