Integrate Slido with Microsoft Teams

• 24 August 2020
  • 49 replies

Badge

Adding Slido to your Microsoft Teams meeting allows your audience to submit and upvote questions, vote in polls, or participate in surveys and quizzes directly in the Teams meeting window during your call.

Important:
At the moment, only the meeting organizer can add Slido to Microsoft Teams meeting and both the organizer and the attendees (within the same organization) need to use the native Microsoft Teams desktop app.

If you have any questions or problems regarding the integration, check out our FAQ article.

This integration is available in all our plans.

Click “Show content” and watch our video guide below:

In this article:

• Add Slido to your Teams meeting

• Prepare your meeting

• Run your meeting

• Collaborating on a meeting

Add Slido to your Teams meeting

Using Microsoft Teams calendar

Before you can add Slido to your meeting, please first schedule the meeting, invite at least one participant to it and then hit Save. Afterwards, open the meeting by clicking Edit.

You can then add Slido to your meeting:

1. Click the + button in the menu bar and choose Slido

2. Log in with your Slido account or sign up

3. Choose whether you wish to create a new Slido event or use an already existing one

Using Outlook

Before you can add Slido to your meeting, please first schedule the meeting.

Afterwards, open the meeting in Teams Calendar to add the Slido app:

1. Click the + button in the menu bar and choose Slido

2. Log in with your Slido account or sign up

3. Choose whether you wish to create a new Slido event or use an already existing one

If you don’t see Slido among the apps, please contact your IT department as there might be restrictions in place and Slido app needs to be whitelisted.

Please note that you have to add Slido individually to each meeting where you want to use it.

Prepare your meeting

Afterwards, you can set up your polls and Q&A session as needed, the same way as if you were in Slido admin.

Run your meeting

If you’ve added Slido to your Teams meeting, the audience will automatically see it right next to the video call. The admin interface is visible only to you.

During the meeting, Slido is visible both to you and the participants directly in the window during your call.

You can manage the event and the participants can interact with it without the need to switch the windows or apps.

This is how the integration works for your participants:

Alternative solution: Collect questions outside of a meeting

If you want to collect questions outside of a meeting, you can add Slido to your Teams channel.

Create or select an event and other channel members can ask and upvote questions directly there, as shown below:

Collaborating on a meeting

Would you like to have several people control Slido as admins via our Microsoft Teams integration? If so, make sure you’ve added them as collaborators to the respective Slido event using our Share access feature.

Each user with admin access to a Slido event will also have admin access within the integration. This works both before the Teams meeting (in the tab) and during the Teams meeting (in the sidebar).

Curious about more?

49 replies

Badge

Hi @Ricardo_jim,

If you scheduled your meeting and you still can’t see the + button, please make sure at least one participant is invited to this meeting. Once done, go to Edit the meeting and the + button should be available. In case the problem still persists, please make sure you have enabled Turn on new meetings experience under Microsoft Teams Settings → General.

Hope this helps but here in case of any follow-up questions, feel free to reach out to me directly at mceselka@slido.com and I’d be happy to connect.

Mario

Hello everyone

I want to know how to solve the problem of the + sign in Microsoft teams since recently we have been interested in the sli.do platform but we have not been able to use it correctly in MS teams

I appreciate all your cooperation.

Badge

Hi @JT_12345,

Thanks for reaching out! We tried to replicate the issue but were not able to given that this might be linked with the Teams directly. What might help here is to connect and have a look together at what might be the reason for this message, so we can fix it.

Feel free to reach out to me at mceselka@slido.com and I’d be more than happy to schedule a quick call.

Many thanks,

Mario.

I’ve been using slido with my teams, and it’s been working perfectly and then all of a sudden, I can’t see the slido tab at the top of MS Teams (neither can anyone else)

When I try and add slido again I get a message saying that it’s already added….. help!

Badge

@VictoriaH I will message you directly, as it would be great to see this live. 

Hi - Thank you for your advice.  This was actually the first thing that I tried, but I don't get the options.  I only get ‘Copy Ctrl+C’

Badge

Hi @VictoriaH,

To remove the unrequired occurrences, you can:

1. Go to Chat
  2. Choose the meeting you'd like to remove Slido from
  3. Find the Slido event at the top bar you'd like to remove
  4. Right-click to remove it

I’m also attaching a screenshot of what I mean. I hope this helps.

Adam

I have a recurring meeting in teams and have ended up with multiple occurrences of the slido app which is confusing participants as there a 3 slide buttons in the meeting view - how can I remove the unrequired occurrences? 

Hey @essinger consulting / Phil,

It’s only the host. Once they add Slido to a meeting, the Slido badge will be automatically activated for the participants, so they don’t have to worry about anything. They just have to interact. :) 

Best, Adam.

Thx Adam for the fast response.

Then we will go for our event on the Engage Version. Bye Phil

Badge

Hey @essinger consulting / Phil,

It’s only the host. Once they add Slido to a meeting, the Slido badge will be automatically activated for the participants, so they don’t have to worry about anything. They just have to interact. :) 

Best, Adam.

Hi Martin, I’ve also a question on the Teams integration. If we have a Q&A for Company internals in teams, do all the participants need to install the slides.do App/plugin into MS Teams – or does only the Admin/Host have to install the app? So everyone or only the host?

thx Phil 

Badge

Hi @ruthn1963,

Thanks so much for your feedback and for bringing the missing piece of information to our attention. We've now added it to the article to make it clear for everyone that currently, the integration does not support external guests. This being said, we'd love to add this functionality in the future, as soon as this becomes technically available within the MS Teams solution, so everyone can benefit from the integration. Happy to keep you updated once this happens.

In the meantime, if you'd like to troubleshoot with us why you can't see the + sign in MS Teams anymore, feel free to reach out to my colleague Martin at msrna@slido.com who'll be happy to take a further look.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and hope you'll enjoy Slido in the future.
Adam

@ruthn1963 Sorry for the inconvenience. Would you mind if we connected this week so I can learn more about your use case and what exactly went wrong when you’re adding an app? Thank you

sorry Martin just didn’t have time to mess about with this - I have a training business I am trying to run and no IT team to look at these things. still can’t get the plus sign but doesn’t matter if I can’t use with external guests as they are the only people I need to access - Just think your advertising and your user instructions needs to make it clear that none of this applies to guests - that way people won’t waste valuable time on something that will never work.

Badge

Hi @Sabine - we’re currently working on adding shared access directly to Teams, so a guest can access the admin / host view in Teams Meeting without the need to go to the browser. 

We will keep you updated, in the meantime, guests can access Slido in their browser.

Hello,

for us as a corporate communications team, the integration of sli.do in Teams has worked really well so far - so well in fact that we are getting more and more requests from people outside our team wanting to integrate sli.do in their Teams calls.

We usually handle access for people from outside our team by giving them guest access, so my question is: If a user has been added to an event as a guest, can they integrate this event in their Teams meeting? Or is a “higher” user level needed for this to work?

Many thanks!
Sabine

Badge

@mbruns I will set up a quick call with you to better understand what the cause might be.

Badge

@plizon That’s great to hear, if you could share the settings, that would be much appreciated! Thanks for the update

@plizon @martinkasa Could you please if you can add also third-party apps (not ones published by Microsoft itself)? 

We have also already requested the Slido Q&A app to be removed. 

@Martin we finally found what was wrong. Despite the fact i have full acess to all apps in teams, there is another option in teams back-office that, by default, disable all new apps. The new Slido App was in this case ! My teams admin re-enable this app and voilà !

For those interested this is this setting :

@mbruns Sorry to hear this - are you able to add any other third-party apps?

Yes, and Slido is also already there as a tab in my Team. But we can’t add slido to a meeting and use it inside a meeting.

Badge

@plizon @martinkasa Could you please if you can add also third-party apps (not ones published by Microsoft itself)? 

We have also already requested the Slido Q&A app to be removed. 

Badge

@mbruns Sorry to hear this - are you able to add any other third-party apps?

Hi there

I am unable to find Slido amongst the Teams apps and I wasn’t able to add it through the Microsoft App store either. Can you advise what might be the issue - our company perhaps not allowing it or could there be some technical problem?

Thanks

Martin 

Hello, where is the problem when app store in teams only show Slido Q&A (the old version of the Slido App) ?

I have full rights on all apps in teams, the the problem is elsewhere. Is it a problem a teams admin can fix, or is it on Microsoft side ?

Hello, i have rights to access all apps in teams, but slido app is not the latest version. I still find Slido Q&A app. Is it a Microsoft related problem ? How can i fix it ?

@hondosan Sorry to hear that, could you please confirm if you have the “New meeting experience” turned ON in the settings? Thank you!

Same experience in my case than @hondosan and @quyntess have.

“New experience” is actiavted, admin rights are granted, another colleague ist invited but there is no “+”-button to add Slido to any meeting. Unfortunately.