Integrate Slido with Google Meet and make the interaction easy for you and your participants.
This integration is currently in private beta. You can request early access using this link.
No more switching between tabs or devices! Slido can now be launched directly in your Google Meet meeting using an integrated sidebar.
This is what it looks like:
In this article:
- Install Slido Chrome extension
- Start using Slido directly in Google Meet
- Ask your participants to join
Install Slido Chrome extension
To use this integration, install our Slido extension for Google Chrome first:
- Go to Chrome Web Store
- Click “Add to Chrome” and log in to the extension.
Start using Slido directly in Google Meet
Before creating your Slido interaction directly in Google Meet, please make sure that you’re logged in at slido.com.
Once you’re ready, you can:
- Start a Google Meet call and look for the Slido icon in the upper bar
- Choose whether you wish to use an existing event or create a new one
- Administer Slido directly from the sidebar
Ask your participants to join
Once you start Slido in your Google Meet, your participants will see a message in the Google Meet chat. This message will prompt them to install the Slido Chrome extension, if they don’t have it yet (this has to be done only once).
Both participants and admins must have the extension installed in order to have Slido directly in Google Meet.
For those joining via mobile phones or unsupported browsers (IE, Mozilla, Safari), a direct link to the Slido event is provided as well.
Once your participants have the extension installed, they can interact with Slido directly in Google Meet.