Use Slido with a QR code

• 24 August 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

One of the ways for your audience to join an event is by scanning its unique QR code.

There are two ways of how your participants can obtain it:

• By scanning it directly from Slido Present mode during your event, or
  • You can download the event's QR code and share it with your audience beforehand

Your audience will simply scan the QR code with their phones to enter the event.

Available in all plans and turned on in all events by default.

In this article:

Display the QR code in Present mode

Displaying Present mode to show questions, ideas, and poll results during your event is the ultimate way to drive interaction. To have the joining instructions available anytime, both the QR code and event code are visible in Present mode.

To display Present mode, click the Present button.

Pro tip: Using QR code with company or event logo
If you’ve uploaded a logo, the QR code will be shown below the “Join at” joining instructions.

Learn more about how to add logo and custom colors to your event. 

Download the QR code

You can download the QR code and share it via email, social media, or your internal communication platform, or print it out onto your event materials.

To get the QR code:

1. Click the Share button in the upper right corner
  2. Select Download QR code

Downloading a QR code

Disable the QR code

If you don't need a QR code, just turn it off in your event Settings:

1. In your event, go to Settings
  2. Open Customization and then Present mode
  3. Toggle off Join event via QR code

Disabling QR code for a particular event

To disable the QR code for all your events, you can do so in Organization settings

Disabling QR code on the account level via Organization Settings

Curious about more?

5 replies

Unfortunately, I have deleted the produced QR code for my poll. How can I re-produce it?

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @ABraun,

It sounds like you’ve disabled the QR code in your event - you can enable it like this. If the QR code doesn’t appear in any of your events, then you might have disabled it for your whole account and you can enable it like this

Let me know if this helped :)

To display the QR code during your event, just hit the "Present" button.

Does each Room/Session has it’s own QR code? Or is there just the one for the entire event. Thanks in advance.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hey @Mike.I ,

The QR code is directly linked to the Slido event itself. You can get the Permanent Link to a Room or Poll to share with your participants if you’d like.

Let us know if you have any other questions!

Best,