Question

Is there a chat functionality in Slido?

• 19 November 2020
  • 6 replies

Hi there, Slido is great but we’re missing one feature - live chat. We would like to use it alongside polling and Q&A. 

6 replies

Badge

Hi @Hiwot! We decided to end Chat as an experiment considering the tools we’re integrating with have Chat function built-in. We keep hearing these feedbacks and even though I can’t tell you if or when we bring Chat back, we will definitely revisit it in the future.

Is there Chat functionality in Slido? We attended an event in Feb of 2021 and saw that they used Slido for Chat, Q&A and Polling. Please let me know. Thanks!

Badge

Hi @antlerboy @Monica Lista , thanks for sharing your feedback.

We decided to end Chat as an experiment considering the tools we’re integrating with have Chat function built-in. We keep hearing these feedbacks and even though I can’t tell you if or when we bring Chat back, we will definitely revisit it in the future.

Sorry I can’t provide more help at this moment.

Martin

Agree with Monica Lista - a great shame this functionality has gone - Teams is fakakta for chat (not least you can barely export/copy and paste, and *constant* notifications that are *very* hard to switch off), and Zoom doesn’t properly persist across breakout groups. Slido has the opportunity to provide functionality both of these don’t - and I think with embedded video and audio through slido, to be a true collaboration host.

Hi That is a shame as one of the most requests we get from clients is moderated chat. Can I ask why have you abandoned this development feature? 

Also are there any new feature that you are looking to bring in? 

We love working with Slido and recommend it to all our clients. 

Badge

Hi, Niles, 

Thanks for your question! 

In the last few months, we’ve been testing the chat functionality and enabled it for our customers’ events on demand. However, we’ve decided to discountinue the experiment and disable the Slido chat feature by 31 December 2020. 

We might re-visit this idea it in the future, but there’s no plan for it at the moment.