Solved

Polls like election vote

• 25 January 2022
  • 6 replies

I need to make a poll where the voter is known but his vote is anonymous 

I’ll explain better, my use case is a sort of election where I need to know what participant voted, but I do not want to see what they voted. 

icon

Best answer by Meggie from Slido 31 January 2022, 17:54

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @StefyIT,

The best way to see who voted but not how they voted would be to use the ‘Require name’ setting and then to remind participants to vote anonymously. You would first need to open your privacy settings and select ‘Require authentication’ and ‘Require name’. This will ask participants to enter their name before they can join the event. Then, when they are voting, you will need to remind them to switch to ‘Voting as Anonymous’ which they can see below the poll. This will completely anonymise the results.

Just by the way, participants can’t vote twice unless they open the event in another browser or device. Their browser remembers that they voted and it does not let them vote again.

I hope this helps :) Let me know if you have any further questions.

@Maggie from Slido would it be possible to implement optional setting to show not only percentage but also number of votes each choice has collected? I know you can extract this from analytics report, but this would be very helpful in such election meetings when you need to announce how many votes each candidate has received.

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @Gytis,

Yes, you can display the number of votes instead of the percentage using this tutorial.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you need anything else :)

@Meggie from Slido is there a way to actually deactivate the “per-user vote download” for a particular survey ahead of time? As long as that’s enabled, voting isn’t truly private because you can connect the user’s name (provided to prevent double-voting) to their votes with that view. Or am I incorrect?

Thanks!

Badge

Hey @bcimini,

If your participants choose to vote anonymously as Meggie mentioned - when they are voting, you will need to remind them to switch to ‘Voting as Anonymous’ which they can see below the poll. This will completely anonymise the results. - their names will be not attached to answers in the export.

Also it won’t let you vote twice unless you change the browser or clear cache and cookies completely between votes.

Hope this helps!

Hi Patrik,

Right, but the original question (which is also my use case) is that I want to have people have to provide a name (or in some way authenticate) when they cast a vote, so I can make sure that the only people who are voting in a particular poll are the people who are supposed to be allowed to vote, BUT I don’t want to be able to see/export “this is what the person voted for”, purely “here is a list of voters” and an entirely separate “and here’s what the results were”, with no ability to trace between them. Is this currently possible, and if not, would it be something the team would consider? The only thing I think would need to happen is the ability to, for a particular survey, permanently disable the “export per user” option