Introduce Slido to your audience

• 24 August 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Introducing Slido is very important for getting your attendees on board and having them use the tool during your event.

Introduce Slido at the start

Let your participants know how to join the conversation by following these three simple steps:

1. Ask people to open their browsers
  2. Navigate them to slido.com
  3. Tell them to enter the #eventcode of your event

or they can simply scan the QR code displayed in Present mode to join. 

For the interaction before the event, you can also share the QR code or direct link to your event with your participants. Click the Share button in your event's Admin to get the link.

Tip: Start with a warm-up poll

Run a warm-up poll to give people a reason to join right from the start. It’s a great way to help them get familiar with Slido and use it for the rest of the event. From our experience, the most popular type of poll for this purpose is a multiple choice poll with 3 to 5 options. Also, a nice word cloud can make a big impression.

Need an inspiration for a warm-up poll? We’ve got plenty on our blog!
Check 30+ Virtual Icebreakers for Remote and Hybrid Teams and 80+ Best Poll Questions To Ask Your Online Audience

Curious about more? 

2 replies

I realized using Slido to newbies on any interactive live-polling tools, that it is important to explain the steps of logging in and navigating is essential. 

We did a quiz and you need to enter the event and then additionally need to enter your name.

Also some users were experiencing difficulty switching between Q&A and the quiz.

Is there any online video for first-time user who want to access Slido and participate in a quiz for mobile access or desktop access?

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @Laleli,

You’re right! A proper introduction is a key to a successful use of Slido 😊

We have this video with quick tips for Slido admins on how to introduce Slido to your audience. 

What I’d suggest is to try out a warm-up poll to get people used to where to click and get familiar with the interface before playing a quiz. Some of our users also include screenshots of Slido on mobile in their slide deck to show their audience where to click for Q&A and where to answer polls. 

Let me know if this helps or if you have any other questions!