Change the language for your event

• 24 August 2020
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Slido is multilingual and offers 30+ languages to choose from:

Arabic Bulgarian Catalan Chinese (Simplified)
Chinese (Traditional) Czech Danish Dutch (Netherlands)
English Estonian Finnish French
French (Canadian) German Hindi Hungarian
Indonesian Italian Japanese Korean
Latvian Lithuanian Norwegian Polish
Portuguese (Brazil) Romanian Russian Slovak
Slovenian Basque Spanish (ES/LATAM) Swedish
Turkish Ukrainian Vietnamese Portuguese

The language you select will influence the Slido interface in Present mode and on the participants' devices. Your Admin view will remain in English.

To set the language you need for your meeting or event:

1. Go to Settings
  2. Select Basic information
  3. Click Show additional settings and choose Language

file.php?view=Y&file=zkjoublli8u3s7t78hbgyxu56s570kos.gif

Open the Participant mode on the left to check how your audience will see the Slido interface in the selected language on their devices.

Missing your language in the options?
If you'd like to help us translate Slido to more languages, contact us. We'd be happy to add yours!

Curious about more?

7 replies

Hi, may i know if we can have multi languages on the same questions which responds to our website setup?  For example, when the moderator posts a question on slido, can your system smartly change to different language when the participants change the language menu on our webcast website? 

Moreover, can the Q&A and word cloud function accept answer in different languages, and display the answers in different languages when the moderator post a question in English?

Thanks

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @alisonlam,

Thanks for your questions! Unfortunately, we currently don’t support in-app automatic translation based on your preferred language but it’s definitely a cool idea, thanks for the suggestion. :)

Regarding your second question - both our Q&A and word cloud can accept any language at all times, regardless of your chosen language. So, for instance, you can have people submitting questions (or answers in a word cloud) in English, Arabic, German, Spanish… at the same time.

I hope that helps.

Best,

Adam

The system can’t automatically translate questions coming in, that’s fine, but there’s no way for an attendee to at least be able to select their preferred language for the interface that they see?

It seems very limiting to have to select a single language for all users.  I am based in Canada and having a mix of English and French speakers would not be out of the question.  For French users, at least being able to select the language for the User Interface would help.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @Anthony N.,

Thank you for your comment.

We’re able to apply such customization on our end - apologies that this isn’t more user friendly at the moment.

Please feel free to send us an email to support@slido.com and we’ll take it from there.

Best,

Adam

Would there be a way of utilising the Navigator.language to detect the users browser’s native language, and if that language is supported, auto select that display language? If unsupported language just keep with default selected language?

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hey @Mike,

We do not have this option at the moment, but participants can change the language of their participant view through their participant profile. Alternatively, if you reach out to our customer care team at support@slido.com, they might be able to set up a prompt that asks participants to select their language before entering the event.

Hope this helps 🙏  Let me know if you have any further questions!

I never had to change the language settings of Slido. I held a session for a Dutch audience. I noticed that the output was changed to English. I would like to change the output back to Dutch/Netherlands. How can I do this