Once you’ve created a Slido event, your Q&A session is essentially ready to be used and there isn’t much else that you have to prepare in advance.
This article discusses some general points to keep in mind regarding a Q&A session.
In this article:
How your participants can submit questions depends on the event dates that you’ve set up.
- During the set event dates, your audience can send questions at www.slido.com using the given event code.
- If you wish to collect questions also outside of the set event dates, share the event link with your participants.
The gif below shows how your participants can submit questions in a Slido event. They can do so either anonymously or with their name included.
With our paid plans except for Engage, you can use the Moderation feature which allows you to review the questions submitted by the participants before they appear live for everyone to see.
In other words, you can approve the questions which you want to be displayed publicly and dismiss the ones which you don’t.
You can turn it on or off on the left-hand side of the Audience Q&A tab.
Presenting the Q&A session
When displaying Slido during your meeting or event, make sure to share the Slido Present mode with your audience. You can then also manage the Q&A session directly from there.
Highlight a question that’s being answered and then Mark it as answered once you’re ready to move on to the next question. The questions are sorted by popularity, i.e. the most upvoted one appears at the top.
Every Slido plan allows you to reply to submitted questions as admin. This way you can answer questions in a written form or leave a message to a question that is not relevant for the Q&A.
Replies are displayed only in the Participant mode.
In our Professional plan and higher, you can also enable Participant replies, so that participants can reply to the submitted questions as well.
Adjusting Q&A settings
There are a few additional Q&A settings that you can adjust under Event settings → Features → Audience Q&A.
- Downvotes - Enable downvoting of questions
- Replies - Allow participants to reply to or comment on questions
- Anonymous questions - Let your participants send anonymous questions
- Maximum question length - Adjust the maximum length of submitted questions
There are three additional settings under Event settings → Customization → Present mode → Audience Q&A.
- Number of displayed questions - Adjust the number of displayed questions in Present mode (4, 5 or 6)
- Latest question - Decide if you want to show the most recently submitted question in Present mode or not
- Fullscreen highlight - Once you highlight a certain question, it shows in fullscreen
Labels offer an easy solution to categorize and filter questions, making your meetings or Q&A sessions more structured and efficient.
Create an announcement
If you want to share some important information with your audience during a Q&A session, you can use the moderator’s announcements functionality.
Curious about more?