Question

Is there way to use Slido in Presenter View with Google Slides?

• 21 October 2021
  • 3 replies

I’m testing Slido with Google Slides and cannot seem to get the presenter view to work and use Slido at the same time. Is it possible?

3 replies

Badge

Hi @Angie

Just to be on the same side - did you install the Add-on and add Slido to your Google Slides? If not, please go through these steps

If you have Slido added to your presentation, could you share:

• A bit more on when exactly the presenter view doesn’t work with Slido?
  • What steps are you taking, what’s your setup?
  • What exactly is not working - does anything appear, or is there anything blocking you?

I know it’s a lot questions, but it will be easier to advise on the next steps and understand what’s happening. 

Thank you!

Hi Francesca,

Thanks for the reply. I have installed both the Add-on and the extension. I have also added Slido to the presentation. I can visit the slido website and answer questions so it is all working well except for the presenter view. Let me explain more.

When I need to start a slide show, Slido says I must use Slido in order for their slides to work. I have two buttons to choose from - Googles And Slidos. When I choose the green slido button, I can present the slideshow from the beginning OR I can present the slideshow from the current slide. There is no option to open presenter view. When I use this green Slido option, the slideshow starts and takes up my entire screen. When I hit escape to leave the entire screen, the slideshow ends.

When I present with Google, I am offered two options (see photo below)

Presenter view allows me to see my notes while everyone else sees only slides. This is what I am trying to accomplish with Slido.

I would like to accomplish the same thing using Slido.

Thanks in advance for any help that you can give.

Badge

Hi @Angie

Thanks for getting back to me and for the details. I understand now. 

So, when running your slides with Slido, it’s only possible with the fullscreen view. It takes the entire screen, just like you noticed. Hence, you won’t be able to see your notes. :( 

From personal experience, I would suggest using a secondary device, a smartphone or tablet and have your presentation there with the notes. Definitely saved me a couple times in the past! 

I know it’s not as smooth as having everything in once place, but hopefully it could work for you.