Reuse your PowerPoint presentation with Slido

• 18 November 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

You can reuse the Slido session linked to your PowerPoint presentation. This can be especially useful if you run recurring meetings, or for the trainers and the hosts who often use the same presentation for various sets of participants. 

We call Slido events linked to PowerPoint presentations “sessions.”

In this article:

Reset Slido session in PowerPoint

Deleting all responses and reusing your Slido session after the test round can be done in seconds. The reset session option from the sidebar will clear all the polls responses and archive the audience Q&A at once. 

In case you want to keep the questions and poll results, don’t forget to download the data prior to resetting the session. Alternatively, you can duplicate your session

To reset your session:

1. In Slido sidebar, click on the hamburger menu icon
  2. Select “Reset session

Resetting a Slido session

Duplicate Slido session in PowerPoint

If you want to keep the results from your Slido session while keeping the same presentation, you can simply duplicate the Slido session.

This will create a new Slido session with a copy of all your polls and Q&A with zero data. It might be useful if you run recurring meetings or surveys such as monthly pulse checks and want to compare your results. 

To duplicate your session:

2. Select  “Duplicate session

Duplicating a Slido session

The duplicated session will be active for 7 days, starting from the date of session duplication. 

Switch Slido session in PowerPoint

You can link a different Slido session to your presentation, be it an existing session or a new one.

Use this option if you’re a trainer or a host who wants to use a single presentation for various groups while having separate sets of results from each group.

To switch to a different session:

2. Select “Switch session
  3. Choose the session you want to switch to or create a new one

Switching a Slido session

Duplicate your presentation

When duplicating the whole PowerPoint presentation, you’ll have two presentations connected to the same Slido session. 

If you’re copying and pasting your Slido interaction slides into another presentation, you will be able to select the Slido session you want to link the slides to from the sidebar.

Frequently Asked Questions related to reusing a Slido session in PowerPoint

• Is it possible to unlink a Slido session from my PowerPoint presentation?
    This is currently not possible, but there is a workaround. If you copy/paste your non-Slido slides into a new blank presentation, you can then link a new Slido session. You can also choose the Reuse Slides option if you prefer. Do not simply duplicate the presentation as this will not work. 

• Is it possible to copy slides from a presentation shared with you and then create new slides?
    Unfortunately, you can either duplicate the presentation or create a new one, which is a limitation when you’d like to mix and max slides. A workaround could be to copy the content from the slides manually and paste into a new event created in PowerPoint.

Curious about more?

5 replies

Hi everyone.

I have just set up a powerpoint presentation with some slido word cloud slides embedded into it. I am wanting to run the same presentation at a few different events. How can i set this up so the responses to the questions posed on slido are new for each event and dont show the responses from the other events..?

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @Steve Broom

You can create a new Slido session for each event on the go or set them up in advance in Slido (web version at www.slido.com)  and then simply add the specific one to the presentation.

Here’s how to switch between events in them in Powerpoint: 

1. Open the hamburger menu in the sidebar
  2. Click on Switch session
  3. Select the event you wish to link with your PowerPoint (Note: if the event is under a different Slido organization, switch to it first in the upper right corner)

Hope this helped!

Best,

This is really problematic that I can’t unlink a slido account.  If I want to reuse a presentation or if a colleague  wants to share a presentation that I will then take over and use my own slido account, this can’t be done without a ton of manual effort.  And if my colleague is in another part of the world, and not working now?  I am stuck with only a ton of manual work to do.  This seems really user-unfriendly. Even if I try to “switch account” on a copy of the presentation saved to my own computer, it doesn’t work.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hello @MaryM,

this is currently a limitation for the integration. I can only recommend 2 possible workarounds: 

• I would recommend distributing a presentation file, before a Slido event is linked to it. Anyone who needs to use that file could download the file from a cloud drive for example, and then link their Slido to it
  • If you have a good presentation which already has a Slido event linked to it, while it is impossible to unlink it, you can still create a new presentation file, copy all the content Slides from the previous file, and paste them to the new file. That way you can create a new file, with little effort, and no Slido will be linked to it. Now you can distribute the file to anyone who needs it.

This is a very time-consuming work around. It’s frustrating and makes me rethink using slido at all.