Integrate Slido with Microsoft Teams

• 24 August 2020
  • 8 replies

Badge

Adding Slido to your Microsoft Teams meeting allows your audience to submit and upvote questions, vote in polls, or participate in surveys and quizzes directly in the Teams meeting window during your call

There’s no need for switching between apps or windows anymore!

HFu028QETQUM35YPx1En1uS_KgQReD4FJe2tLBHMgnaOBnqrB14HeBURTN1lUYjMLiMjQnZ1IbNbYDOme2bV_nB6-w00lNcK1gJ3Xn5lTvjaUmSkO2yQtZT5IXCrheF9h6KuUVLp

Important: The integration works only with the Microsoft Teams desktop native app (not via browser). Only Microsoft Teams meetings are supported (there’s no support for Teams live events yet).

In this article:

• Add Slido to Microsoft Teams

• Add Slido to your Teams meeting

• Prepare your meeting

• Run your meeting

Add Slido to Microsoft Teams

To begin with, add Slido to Microsoft teams, either by using Microsoft AppSource or by opening Apps in your Teams.

If you don’t see Slido among the apps, please contact your IT department as there might be restrictions in place and Slido app needs to be whitelisted.

Add Slido to your Teams meeting

Before you can add Slido to your meeting, please first:

1. Schedule the meeting (either via the Microsoft Teams calendar or Outlook)
  2. Invite at least one participant to the meeting

Afterwards, open the meeting either by:

• Clicking Edit (if the meeting’s been scheduled via the calendar)
  • OR by clicking Meeting options in the invite body (if the meeting’s been scheduled via Outlook - as shown below)

You can then add Slido to your meeting: 

1. Click the + button in the menu bar and choose Slido

2. Log in with your Slido account or sign up

3. Choose whether you wish to create a new Slido event or use an already existing one

Please note that you have to add Slido individually to each meeting where you want to use it.

Prepare your meeting

Afterwards, you can set up your polls and Q&A session as needed. 

Run your meeting

If you’ve added Slido to your Teams meeting, the audience will automatically see it right next to the video call. The admin interface is visible only to you.

During the meeting, Slido is visible both to you and the participants directly in the window during your call.

You can manage the event and the participants can interact with it without the need to switch the windows or apps.

This is how the integration works for your participants:

Alternative solution: Collect questions outside of a meeting

If you want to collect questions outside of a meeting, you can add Slido to your Teams channel.

Create or select an event and other channel members can ask and upvote questions directly there, as shown below:

Curious about more?

8 replies

Hi Slido:

Would like to know if we may set up a slido vote and comment for non-anonymous in Microsoft Teams?

Thanks,

JCC

Badge

Hi JCC,

Apologies for the later response.

It is possible to disable anonymous questions but that has to be done via Slido Admin and I’m afraid it can’t be done via MS Teams directly. You can do so if you have any of our higher paid plans by going to Settings → Features → Questions. 

Feel free to check out this article as well: https://community.sli.do/audience-q-a-42/disable-anonymous-questions-445

Best wishes,

Adam

Hi Slido,

Can external meeting participants (those outside your organisation) see Slido and answer polls etc. too?

Thanks,

Anna

Hi, we don't have a button in the menu bar. Do you know how to activate this? Already checked both web and teams app. Asked the IT guy but he couldn’t figure it out.

Badge

Hi Anna,

Thanks for the question. 

Unfortunately, this isn’t possible at the moment. But we understand that there’s a need for this, so we’re in touch with Microsoft to see what (if anything) can be done. 

Thanks for your understanding.

Adam

Badge

quyntess,

I’m sorry to hear about this.

Do you have some participants invited to the meeting? In order to be able to add apps, you should invite at least 1 person to the meeting.

If the issue persists, please let us know at experience@slido.com and we’ll take it from there.

I hope it works,

Adam

Hi Everyone,

unfortunately, I can’t add Slido-App to Teams. 

As Admin, I have ensured, that 3rd-Party Apps are allowed, in Admin-Center I can see the Slido-App is approved.  

When I want to add the app to a team or meeting, it does not occur in the list of available apps from the appstore. Clicking on the link to add the app from the slido-website, an error occurs in Teams, that the app is not existing or my company has forbidden to use it. Is it possible, that the app is yet not available in german Teams-appstore?

Many thanks in advance,

Nick

quyntess,

I’m sorry to hear about this.

Do you have some participants invited to the meeting? In order to be able to add apps, you should invite at least 1 person to the meeting.

If the issue persists, please let us know at experience@slido.com and we’ll take it from there.

I hope it works,

Adam

Yes, I do have participants invited to the meeting.