What are Event Analytics?

• 24 August 2020
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Slido event analytics provide an easy way to view and analyze data collected throughout your event. They let you track participants’ engagement, discover popular topics and find the most influential participants. Use these insights to learn what resonates with your audience, build data reports and compare your events.

Here’s a quick how-to video:

In this article: 

​​​​​​​Access your Analytics

To see event data:

1. Log in to your Slido account and select your event

2. Click the Analytics tab

If you have multiple rooms in the event, you can either view analytics for the entire event or you can filter data by room. To filer analytics by room, click on All rooms and select a room or change the room in the top right corner.

An overview of Analytics

We would recommend accessing event analytics after your event has finished. Simply open a past event and click on the Analytics tab.

Understand your Analytics 

Analytics overview

At the top of your Analytics page, you will find a dashboard summarizing the most important statistics from your event.

Engaged participants

This section of the dashboard shows the level of participant engagement for your event overall.

Annotated example of engaged participants analytics

In this example, 7 participants submitted a question, 4 participants upvoted or downvoted a question, 20 participants voted in at least one poll and 70% of all joined participants engaged with the event.

Q&A engagement

This section of the dashboard shows how participants interacted with the Q&A.

Annotated example of Q&A engagement analytics

In this example, there were 3 anonymous questions and 8 questions in total. There were 0 questions marked as highlighted/answered. All 8 questions were unanswered. There was a total number of 7 upvotes and 0 downvotes. Out of all participants, only 14% engaged with the Q&A.

Poll engagement

This section of the dashboard shows how much participants interacted with polls in your event.

Annotated example of poll engagement analytics

In this example, there were 35 votes in all polls, 10 polls received at least one vote and there were 4 votes in each poll on average. Out of all participants, 40% engaged with polls.

​​​​​​​

Q&A Insights

This section of the Analytics tab shows the most upvoted questions and generates a word cloud of the most popular topics mentioned at your event.

Insights Dashboard

You can also analyze the sentiment of questions asked. Find out more here.

Poll Insights

This section of the Analytics tab shows a summary of insights from polls in the event.

Poll Insights

You can now download your Insights as an image to share in presentations, ready to go with Slido branding.

Download Poll Insights in an image

Download your Q&A Insights in an image

You can now easily download the images of your Q&A Word Cloud and the Question sentiment to share with other teams. This can be done by selecting the download button in the top right.

Download Word Cloud and Question sentiment as an image

Copy image to Clipboard 

You can easily insert your sentiments and word clouds into slide presentations, emails and even in messages to your colleagues by selecting Copy image to clipboard from the dropdown on your sentiment or word cloud images from the Analytics page.

Copy image to clipboard

Share Analytics in a Data Report

To format your data and analyze it further with your team, you can export it from the top of the Analytics page and even share a link that takes you directly to the data report.

Share Analytics

You can set the number of days you’d like your share link to your Analytics to expire. You can select up to 60 days, giving your colleagues plenty of time to look at them.

Select the duration of your Event Analytics share link

Participants will not be able to access Analytics unless you share your report with them from admin. Any collaborators you have shared access to the event with in Slido can access Analytics. 

Exporting analytics is only available on our paid plans.

Curious about more?

​​​​​​​

9 replies

Hello,

I’m putting together some quizzes in Slido to use as part of some online training. I’m on a ‘Basic’ level account, meaning that each quiz is held in a separate event due to the 1 quiz per event limit. As I develop the questions to fine-tune the wording and time limits, I’m doing some ‘dummy runs’ with a colleague and/or myself on my phone.

The problem I’m running into is that each time I do one of these dummy runs through the quiz, my number of participants (as assessed in the analytics information for participants and polls) increases even after resetting the quiz poll item. This means that each event/quiz will show a several ‘fake’ inactive participants in the analytics afterwards compared to the actual number of participants.

The only way of resetting this participant count that I can figure out is to duplicate my event and delete the original (which will then break any guest collaborator links). Can anyone recommend how to reset the participants/other analytics history for an event?

Thanks,

Stuart

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hey @StuartBarlow,

At the moment, there is no way to reset the participant count in event analytics. The only way to get a ‘clean’ participant count is to duplicate the event, as you mention.

If you’re worried about crossing the participant limit, our events allow for up to 10% above the limit so if you have a couple of ‘fake’ participants that cross the limit, you will be fine :)

Hope this helps :)

Wow. This is hugely important to know if you’re continually prepping and testing an “event” before you actually roll it out, this means you need to specifically create a new event for you go live. It also means that you may want to create separate “events” if you’re delivering the event in different locations to keep that data segregated?

Glad I stumbled on this one.

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hey @Back_that_SaaS_Up,

Yes, if you would like completely clean analytics, then you would need to create your event, test it, duplicate it and run the duplicate Slido during the real event.

However, polls and Q&A can be reset and when you do this, analytics are reset as well. The only metric you can’t reset is participant count. However, since our events allow for up to 10% above the participant limit, there’s no need to worry if you have a couple of ‘fake’ participants that cross the limit.

Hope this helps!

Hello, we have been using slido for the last year, and after each 3 months we reflect on our results.

As an example we always lead our meetings with the question “who was your hero of the week?”, so our focus is to identify who was selected the most as the hero of the week during a 3 months period.

Is there any easy way to do it? we currently have to get into each slido event, then go to analytics and review the data one by one.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hey @David Spindola ,

Are you using a different event for each time you ask this question? Or are you using separate polls in one single event each time?

I think if you were to use 1 Event, and ask this question multiple times (you can duplicate your poll) with the same poll type/question and then exporting the analytics you could count up each “hero’s” votes a bit easier as we dont have an automated way to find an average or leaderboard winner of multiple polls at this time.

Let me know if this would work for you.

Best,

Thanks Carly, is not the best solution, but still an improvement. I will submit the feedback to get this as an enhancement. 👍🏽

Please indicate who can access event analytics. In our use case, we have a few users managing many Slido events. Ideally, the same guests that we assign to an event could also access the analytics. Even better would be to have them access analytics in a “read-only” mode.

It is not clear from this article what user role can access analytics from a specific event.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @Back_that_SaaS_Up

​​​​​​Thanks for pointing this out. The users managing Slido events that have been invited to share access can view analytics in admin. We do not currently have permissions for a read only access. You can share the data report from Analytics with colleagues, which would be read only. 

This would be set up by event, so within the event settings under Shared Access you would need to Add individual collaborators. This means they can only access analytics when an event is shared with them.

I’ve updated the article to reflect this 😊

let me know if you have any more questions!

​​​