Managing users in your license

• 24 August 2020
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Slido allows you to add users to your annual plan for an additional fee so they can create their own events and benefit from all the features your license comes with.

Available in our Engage plan (Annual) and higher. 

In this article:

Add users to the license

Depending on your preferred option, our annual plans come with 1 - 3 admin seats. You (the account owner) can log in and start creating Slido events right away. If you want to add colleagues to your license, you can purchase additional admin seats, and invite them as users or admins depending on their future competencies.

Go to Pricing page to check the number of admin seats included in our plans.

To invite your colleagues to the license, or purchase additional seats:

1. Log in to your account
  2. Select Team
  3. Click Invite or purchase

file.php?view=Y&file=9bqedhdr5w98437fi921x5lkslewnzp1.gif

You can check, resend, or cancel pending and expired invitations in the Invitations tab. Email invitations expire after 30 days.

Update roles and change member access

You can flexibly deactivate, reactivate, and remove members and set their roles according to your needs.

1. In your account, go to the Team tab
  2. Click the three dots to open a menu next to the selected Team member

file.php?view=Y&file=9m0wgkdrkhsejk3u9es8hsyaaeahhc2k.gif

You can always deactivate or remove someone from your license and then add them back later. Or invite someone else if you need to.

What’s the difference between an admin and a user?

All license members can by default create new events under the license but you can control their rights by setting a specific role for them.

• Admin and Owner can both see, create, and edit events of all the other license members and update roles. Both can access the Organization settings, but only the Owner can access and change SSO settings.
  • User can only create and see their own events including event data, but can't see or access events created by other license members.

Slido roles explained

See the below chart to better understand Slido roles and their capabilities.

Owner Admin User Guest*
Create new events
Create and edit polls within an event
Manage Q&A within an event
Access all other users’ events
Send guest invitations
Update roles
Access account settings
Assign new owner
Manage event settings
Access SSO settings

Guests are free to invite, but can only help manage Slido events one at a time.

Curious about more?

6 replies

Is there an expiration on the email invitation/what is that duration? I’ve had a few people tell me the link within the email has expired after sending them an invite by email.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @mlehrhaupt

Yes, thank you for flagging that! 

The email invitation expires after 30 days. 

In case you’re sure 30 days haven’t passed, please share the e-mails of the invited users either here or contact our Customer Care team at support@slido.com and we’ll investigate. 

Hope this helped!

Best,

Can I set up several users to "owner" ?
if there is a limit, Please tell me the number of users can be owner.

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @Japanese Sushi

No, you can only set up one user as the owner, but you can have multiple admins. As you can see here, admins and owners have very similar rights.

Hope this helps! :)

Hello,

How can I see which kind of Slido Account I have please ?  I would like to know if my Account allows to add members to my License, but I cannot find it. 

Thank you in advance for your answer

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hey @NadiaGE ,

If you look in the top left corner of your account you can find what plan you have, if you are on our Free plan and have not upgraded you would not be able to add Users to your License.

Let us know if you have any other questions!

Best,