Question

building a scavenger hunt

• 11 April 2024
  • 2 replies

Hi Community,

I want to build a kind of scavenger hunt. Teams of three people will walk around a large garden. At ten different locations they should answer one question. So I don’t want them to just stand somewhere without moving and answer all 10 questions. ;) 

I wonder how to set this up best. Can I create this within one event and give them QR codes/links/passcodes to each questions or do I have to create ten events each with one poll?

Thanks a bunch for a hint!

2 replies

Hey there!

What a fun idea for an outdoor activity! To set up your scavenger hunt, you could create one event with multiple checkpoints or locations marked on a map. At each location, participants could scan a QR code or follow a link to access storysaver the question related to that spot. You could organize the questions using a digital platform or an app specifically designed for scavenger hunts.

Alternatively, if you prefer to keep things simple, you could create separate events for each checkpoint, each with its own question. Participants would move from one event to the next as they progress through the scavenger hunt.

Both approaches have their advantages, so it ultimately depends on your preference and the resources available to you. Good luck with your scavenger hunt, and I hope everyone has a fantastic time exploring the garden!

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hey @ChristineEhren ,

The suggestion from @hussyjake1212 would work! Im not familiar with the story saver and how that works in relation to Slido but its worth a shot!

My suggestion would be to have the direct link to each Poll in the Slido event for them to click on at each checkpoint. This would allow them to access each poll without you having to activate it. All Polls under one event rather than multiple events with their own QR code to scan as the QR code brings you to the event and only shows the currently activated Poll. The direct link would be better in this scenario.

Let us know if you have any other questions!

Best,