Question

Can't figure out formatting

• 11 July 2023
  • 5 replies

Hi there,

We recently signed up for slido and I’m having some issues that I assume are user error but I’m hoping someone will be able to help.

I have exisiting slide decks that we previously use with another polling program.  We use Powerpoint and I’ve figured out how to build the polling question slides within slido and launch them within our existing deck, but I can’t get the formatting to match the existing deck.  I’ve tried the customization tab within slido, but when I present the PPT, it doesn’t work;  I’ve tried to edit the slide within PPT but again, it doesn’t display correctly.

Is this something I can do?  I don’t want to create an entirely new deck just because the few slides with polling won’t update.  

Also, the chat link does not work.

5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hello @alysia,

in case by formatting you mean changing of the font or adjusting size of the text then this is not possible with Slido. These texts are always the same and the font size is adjusted according to the screen settings. 

I will also pass this request to our product team as a feature request for Slido. 

Please let me know in case you would have any additional questions.
Kindly

Thank you, Ondrej,

So if I choose to insert the slido slides into my existing PPT, how can I make it so that when I advance, it doesn’t flash the plain white background with my question before going to the slide I was able to customize on the website?  

If I chose to design an entirely new deck through the website so that everything looks the same, how can I insert slides that do not have polling attached?  For our programs, we will go over some content, then ask a question.  

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hello @alysia ,

you can customise the background in the settings/customisations and you can insert a picture as a background with our Professional and higher plans. 

But if you run your PPT it may happen that the white colour appears for a while. Sometimes it happens when Slido is being loaded a bit longer due to slower internet connection. 

Regarding your last question would you please describe more in detail what does it mean slides that do not have polling attached? I am not sure I totally understand that question. 

Hi there,

So what I mean is that not every slide within our deck has interaction; I haven’t figured out how to create a slide without any polling/rating/etc.  I obviously can create slides within PPT and then insert the slido slides with the polling, but then I end up with a presentation that doesn’t look cohesive.  Our campus is quite large, so there will definitely be slower than ideal internet and since you mentioned the white color appearing due to that reason, I’d rather create the entire presentation through the website; in order to do that, I need to be able to create slides that do not have interaction as well. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @alysia

Could you reach out to our customer care team via live chat or by emailing support@slido.com. This way, they can take a look at your use case a little more closely! 

Hope this helps! 

Best,