Solved

Demoting a user to a guest

• 13 February 2024
  • 1 reply

Is there a way to change a User’s role to be a Guest?
I have a User who was originally a Guest.  As the Owner, I promoted them to be a User.  I would now like to demote them back to a Guest (so that I can have the User license go to someone else). However, my only options appear to be that I can Deactivate or Remove them.  Do I need to Remove them and have them join or be invited back as a guest?  Is that the only way?

It’s interesting that I can promote a Guest to be a User or Admin, but I cannot demote a User back to a Guest.

icon

Best answer by Ondrej from Slido 14 February 2024, 14:58

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hello @shazard 

you are right you would have to remove the user from the license and have them being invited as a guest to a specific event. The reason is that in case you remove them as a user you also have to remove their events or transfer them to your account. Only then they can be invited as a guest. 

Guests can have access only to one event at a time and that is the main reason why user needs to be firstly removed before they can be a guest to only one event. 

Deactivating the account would prevent this e-mail to be invited as a guest only. It only has to be removed from the team.