Solved

How to display voter names to all voters?

• 7 February 2023
  • 6 replies

Hi everyone, we’ve just started using slido and I’m struggling to make it work the way our previous poll tool did.

We use polls to track our chared computer systems, each person votes on a IP and others can see which user is also using that system and can contact them to prevent data destruction or interference.

I’ve gotten slido to display the poll but users cannot see who has voted on which IP.  They just see a number.  I think this works in reports but I can’t generate 50 reports every day for everyone.

Is there a way to guarantee users can see other user names and what they voted on?

icon

Best answer by Carly from Slido 8 August 2023, 20:24

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hey @IBMworker,

That’s an interesting use case! At the moment, however, there is no way to display participants’ names next to the polls they select live. The only way to see this is through exports.

When it comes to IP addresses, we actually never share those - you can find out more here:

Thank you for sharing your use case and sorry we can’t help more here :(

Hey @IBMworker,

That’s an interesting use case! At the moment, however, there is no way to display participants’ names next to the polls they select live. The only way to see this is through exports.

When it comes to IP addresses, we actually never share those - you can find out more here:

Thank you for sharing your use case and sorry we can’t help more here :(

Yeah I don’t mean user IPs, my poll is a list of shared system IPs I entered myself.  Users select the IP of the server(s) they are using so we know which people are sharing systems and might interfere with each other.  This is why we need to know which person selected which IP.  We are sharing hundreds of virtual machines and testing software on them.

I have a similar use case where I want to use it for confidence voting during sprint planning.  After voting is complete, we would like everyone to be able to see everyone’s votes so we can discuss what challenges people who voted in low confidence see for the sprint. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hey @AgileUserAnalyst ,

Are you wanting your participants to have their Names next to their submissions and then sharing those to everyone? I would suggest the Open Text Poll, and being sure that in the Participant Privacy setting you have it to “Always require name” so nobody can submit anonymously.

You can then mark off if you’d like to “Display respondent names” 

And this is how it would display to see everyones name with their reply (this poll has an image added to it)

Let us know if this helps and if it was what you’re looking for!

Best,

I should have mentioned I use Slido as a WebEx add-on. I had all the team members provide a confidence vote of 1-5 (using the smiley emojis). When poll was closed, and time to reveal the votes. I wanted everyone to see the names of people and how they voted. We would then open up discussion if there was a low confidence vote by some team member(s)

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hey @AgileUserAnalyst ,

There is not the option to view names of those voting in a Rating Poll. If you’d like to be able to see who has submitted a response showing their names, the Open Text Poll would allow this. Otherwise you would need to look into the Exports of the Poll Results by User after the submissions to see everyones specified response.

Let us know if this helps!

Best,