Merge your polls into a survey

• 24 August 2020
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

If you've created individual polls but would actually like to have them grouped under a survey instead, you can merge them with a few simple clicks.

Available from our Engage plan.

Make sure that your polls are deactivated before merging. All data gathered in your individual polls will also carry over to the newly created survey.

To merge polls into a survey:

1. Select the polls you wish to merge
  2. Click on the Merge into survey button
  3. Confirm by hitting Merge

Once you create the survey, you can change its name and structure by clicking on the three dots and selecting Edit. Learn more about surveys.

Curious about more?

10 replies

I have 30 questions in a survey and I want to group them on 5 different categories, so I can easily analyze the data once I export it, is it possible?

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @mbgalindo711,

Unfortunately, it’s not possible to group questions in a survey into specific categories. 

You can change the order of the questions by dragging them up or down and grouping them in a way where they are placed together but it’s not really categorizing per se. 

It sounds like a neat feature though, especially for longer surveys! I’ll make sure to submit this as a feature request to out Product Teams. 

Please let me know if there’s anything else that I can help you with 😊

To group the questions in a survey, I use multiple rooms.  This is only a feature in the professional subscription.

Userlevel 5
Badge

Nice tip @Boardoom

Would you mind sharing how exactly this setup works for you? 😊

Using the multiple rooms feature in professional subscription allows me to prepare one survey covering various subject matter. This allows me to group questions into various categories. For example, I can ask a series of questions on Strategy (using “Strategy” as one of the multi rooms) and then I can ask another series of questions on Culture (using ‘Culture’ as one of the multi rooms). I can analyse the data by each series and give a score and report for Strategy and for Culture, in this example.

I don’t like the term used by slido ‘multiple rooms’. Perhaps a better name might be ‘survey category’ or ‘survey series.’

Userlevel 5
Badge

@Boardroom thank you so much for sharing your use case 😍

I’ll also make sure to also pass your feedback on to our Product Team!

Hello!

Is there a way to merge polls into a new Quiz?

I can still use the survey, but I’d like to have the Timer and Leaderboard enabled to engage audience participation.

Thanks, Julio

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @JulioTruGo

It’s not possible to merge polls into a quiz, just a survey. The timer and leaderboards are a feature of the quiz only.

As a workaround, if you didn’t want to create a quiz in Slido, you could engage audience participation with a ranking poll, which allows your participants to rank options in their personal order. You could also run a word cloud, which displays your audience responses. You could also run a Q&A to take questions from your audience, and answers can be upvoted.

Hope this helps! 

If I merge polls, do I lose the results?

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @m.duarte

Merging polls is typically used before participants have voted, however, you can merge any polls that are no longer active without affecting the results. 

Just ensure the polls are no longer active before you merge them and you’re good to go 🙂

Let me know if you have any more questions!