News

Slido in Webex has a new look 🎉

• 18 February 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

We made a few changes to Slido admin sidebar in Webex to improve your experience during meetings and webinars. 

Introducing new look of Slido sidebar in Webex

Updated 4 November: You can select from multiple rooms you created in advance in Slido directly in Webex sidebar
Updated 2 November: We’re turning on the new sidebar for everyone and multiple rooms are coming in mid November!
Updated 26 May: The new sidebar in Webex is now live for everyone by default!
Updated 20 July: New settings were added to the Slido sidebar in Webex

On December 1, 2022 we turned on the new look for everyone and removed the option to switch between the two versions. 

What’s new: 

Intuitive user experience and modern look

The new interface is designed specifically for use in Webex. It’s simplified and easy to navigate. If you’re yet to get to know Slido, tooltips and system messages will help you get the most out of it.

For dark mode lovers, we now have dark mode support. Accessibility requirements are also fully supported.

Old vs New look of Slido in Webex sidebar

New word cloud results (on the left) vs the old look

New polls design, support for quiz and results download

With redesigned polls, you can now see the word cloud the same way as your participants. Simplified flow lets you easily create and run a quiz. Downloading poll results and Q&A directly from the sidebar is also possible.   

Download poll results option right in the sidebar via hamburger menu

Localization support

The default language is now set automatically based on the Webex setting.

You can switch back to the old view until 30 November. You can find the option at the bottom of the menu. 

We’d love to hear your feedback

The Slido team loves to hear from you! Make sure to let us know about your Slido experience in Webex. You can find a link to give us your feedback in the menu, email us at experience@slido.com or fill out this quick survey that we’ve prepared

Feel free to share usability insights, feature ideas, comments about functionalities and limitations, or general feedback - all are welcome.

Inspiration for your internal documentation

We’ve prepared a variety of resources to help you start using new Slido sidebar in Webex and get the best out of it:

• Starter Kit [pdf] - overview of resources and a comprehensive guide
  • Resources page - browse use cases, tutorials, gifs and more

Step-by-step guides for setting up Slido in Webex: 

6 replies

In the newest Webex Update, Slido got a new lovely look! But its missing some key features 😅

First off there is no Agenda in the new look, the questions are uncategorized, this is a huge step back.

Second of all, the option to show each question from the survey with the correct answer has disappeared 🙁 I noticed its still possible to show the correct answer when I run it trough Slido admin, but that is quite time consuming and irritating for some of my colleague to have an extra app just be able to use Slido in Webex, when Webex already had this Slido. Did these features get removed or is it just not created for the new look yet?

PS: I just figured out its till possible to switch to the old look 😄 so everything works fine there, but I would love to know if the “switch back” option is going to stay till the new look gets finalized 👍🏼 

thanks in advance!

Patrik

Badge

Hey Patrik,

We’re still working on this new look and we do appreciate all the feedback we can get, so thank you!

In this case, more features are about to come to the new look, we’re still deciding how it will look as a final version, so I’m glad you mentioned this, and I’m passing it to our team.

If you’d need anything else, please do let us know, we’re happy to help :)

While using Slido in WebEx I get the pop up message “You’re using an outdated view of Slido. We’ll enable the new version for you on Dec 1, 2022.”

Will this version be finalized before I get forced off from the old Slido view?

I noticed not all features work there, the one I'm mainly concerned about are Agendas. Without Agendas all the questions are cluttered in a random order, which makes it hard to find the right question at the right time. 

Another thing that does not work are Surveys. Locking + showing the answers, doesn't actually show participants the correct answer.

These are both features that are a MUST in my opinion and I hope they will get addressed before the December update.

Hi there, thanks for the question!

I understand how grouping polls by date and time helps your run an efficient meeting. For bigger events, when the list of polls gets longer than usual, it must be helpful. We’ll have a look at this with our team and discuss how this could be supported but I can confirm that this won’t be available by December of this year. I apologise for the trouble.

Also, I tested the survey use case you described on both our website (Slido Admin) but also in the new and old sidebars in Webex. I wasn’t able to make it work anywhere.

Can you remember when this worked for you last time? I’d love to understand if this is a feature request or something’s not working right on our end.

Thanks!

Martin

Hi there, thanks for the question!

I understand how grouping polls by date and time helps your run an efficient meeting. For bigger events, when the list of polls gets longer than usual, it must be helpful. We’ll have a look at this with our team and discuss how this could be supported but I can confirm that this won’t be available by December of this year. I apologise for the trouble.

Also, I tested the survey use case you described on both our website (Slido Admin) but also in the new and old sidebars in Webex. I wasn’t able to make it work anywhere.

Can you remember when this worked for you last time? I’d love to understand if this is a feature request or something’s not working right on our end.

Thanks!

Martin

It works only without locking the answers (atleast in the old version). Well the questions in the Survey have the options of locking / showing the answers, so Im slightly confused on why it shouldnt work. 

But I dont really understand the Update, I dont really see any new features, just a Visual update. Which dont get me wrong looks great, but I just dont see the value of updating to a Version with less functions.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks for the feedback.

It’s a good point. I let my colleague who’s a product manager know about your feedback on locking and showing the results in a survey. If there’s anything new, I’m happy to share an update here in this post.

As we continue working on the new sidebar, we’ll need to address more things over time. I’ll be sure to keep the time sections in mind. It’s already added to our backlog for consideration.

If you can think of anything else, please let me know at mb@slido.com or post here in this thread.