Get participants' names and emails and see who voted in polls

• 24 August 2020
  • 15 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

If you want to know who asked a question or voted in the poll, you can simply enable the option of requiring the name when they join the event. In case you are interested only in the names of participants voting in polls, you can ask for their credentials via a Survey. Alongside this, you can also set it to require the participants' email.

To see who got the most questions right in a quiz, there's no need to set anything up. Participants are always asked to add their names automatically. Learn more about how to Run a quiz via Slido.

In this article:

Ask for a name and email via Settings

To enable capturing names and emails, follow these simple steps:

1. Go to Settings
  2. Select Privacy on the left
  3. Click the toggle to turn on Require authentication
  4. Toggle on Require name and/or Require email

Require name and email in settings 

Please note, that if a participant tries to join an event multiple times with the same email address, we’ll send them a verification email to confirm their identity. This is in order to prevent cases of email or identity abuse.

You will see the participant names next to submitted questions and open text poll responses. Both names and email addresses are included in your exports. 

This is how it works for the participants: 

Even if you required your participants to join with their name, they can still choose to vote and submit questions anonymously. 

file.php?view=Y&file=hghyhnixdk78m34xn15bxvlzc7hqie0e.gif

If you really need to capture participant names you can:

Once the event is finished, go to event Analytics and export the polls per user results.

Ask for name and email in a Survey

You can add poll questions 'What's your name?' and 'What's your email?' at the beginning of your Survey no matter if it's a set of rating Polls, a feedback or a student exam.

Collecting participant info via survey

This is how your participants will see it:

Participant view of the survey

It is also possible to display the participant’s name next to their responses in open text polls.

Curious about more?

15 replies

With what's going on in todays world we are looking to use Slido at the firehouse as a mechanism for everyone to vote for the officers in the annual company meeting. However I’m trying to figure out a way, if someone can enter their name so I can verify who is voting. For company meetings we only allow full active members to participate in votes. for an example probationary members would be in the meeting just not allowed to vote. Is there a way to do this?

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @Harrison36LVFD,

With our paid plans, it is possible to ask participants to enter their names when joining the event. Once the meeting is over, you can export poll results per user and see who’s voted (and how). That said, I believe that for your use case this isn’t an ideal solution as it seems that you’d need that information in real-time and not post-event. 

With Slido, once someone joins an event, they’re able to freely interact with it - it isn’t possible to limit some people from voting while others not. One other possible solution is to protect the event with a passcode (also available with our paid plans) and only share it with the people who are allowed to vote (or create a separate event for them dedicated only to voting). 

I hope this helps at least a bit. Feel free also to check our Pricing page, if interested.

Best wishes,

Adam

Hi There,

If i turn on the registration for the event to include the email and name of the participant, how can i see this as a live updated list so that i know we have an audience that’s enrolled?

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @Darren E Cowley 👋

If you would like to see the participants entering your event live the best way would be run na survey. 

Once your participants enter, you’ll be able to see in the admin in real time as they submit their e-mails and name. A short survey with two questions something like this. 

While the registration is setup before your participants enter, you’ll be able to see their inputs only after exporting the results. It won’t work if you want to have an updated live list. 

Let me know what you think about the suggested option. 

Hi @Francesca yes that’s pretty much what we do now, but it’s a repeat of what they’ve already entered to log in as the first log in has validation on email etc and is reported on separately so is much more useful.

It’d be a awesome feature to give admin a live updated list of who had logged onto a session just like Kahoot does, that way we would know when to progress! 

Cheers

D

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @Darren E Cowley

Gotcha! Thanks for sharing. 

Totally understand how such a feature would be helpful.

Nothing more I can do at the moment, but happily passing on your feedback to our product team!

If anything else comes up that you find is missing in Slido, let us know. We gather all feedback and insights from our users. 

Thank you!

Francesca 

it is possible to associate a predefined category to each participant in a vote

each participant should indicate the category they belong. 

I need to filter the results by single category

Thanks

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @ilmarna,

You could run a multiple choice poll with the categories as the options and then run your other polls. When you’ve finished collecting responses, you would need to export ‘Poll results by user’. This connects individual participants’ responses across all polls and you could filter their responses from other polls based on their response in the multiple choice poll within the exported Excel sheet

Hope this helps :)

Thank you Meggie!!!

Hello, I have tried the first method there, but enabling the require authentication > basic > require name, but it is unfortunately to no avail.

I tried it myself and asked my friends to fill their names before submitting their responses, and when I extracted the results, the responses still showed anonymous. :(

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @Ded

I’m sorry to hear your having trouble. For us to take a closer look, could you reach out to support@slido.com ? 

They will be able to dig deeper here. 

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Hello,

I have set up my slido to collect names and emails but unfortunately I can not see the names or emails in results. Where can I see this information without exporting?

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hello @Lilian,

for the polls the names and e-mails can be reviewed only via exporting of the data as there is not much space in the present view to see every name/e-mail for each vote.

Do you have any specific use-case why you would need to see the names and e-mails live? 

Hi,

I use Slido in Webex and would like to see names of the voters in the poll results. I have them for the “Open Text” answer, but not for the Multiple choice, etc. I know I can export the results into Excel to see it, but it would be very helpful to see it when I hover the answer in the results on the website.

Thank you

Badge

Hey @vaclavbrunnhofer,

Thank you for your suggestion, we will mark it as a product request. 

For now we do not have such an option.

In case you’d need anything else, please let us know. We’re happy to help!