Use the multiple choice poll to learn more about the audience’s preferences and opinions.
In this article:
Create a multiple choice poll
In your Slido event, go to the Live polls tab, select Multiple choice, add your question and its options.
If applicable, you can also allow the following settings:
- Mark correct answer - if your question is supposed to test the knowledge of your participants (you can mark several options as correct)
- Allow to select multiple options - if you want to allow your participants to mark more than 1 option
- Upload an image to your poll - to add a picture to your poll question. (Please note that this functionality is available in paid plans only. At the moment, it’s not possible to add pictures as poll options).
Once you’re done, hit Launch to activate your poll instantly, or simply Save it for later. In case you need to make changes to your poll, click the three vertical dots next to your poll and select Edit.
Run the poll and see how it works for your participants
Once you’ve prepared your poll, you can activate it by clicking the green play button (not needed if you hit Launch when creating the poll).
You can then open the Participant mode on the left to see how the poll works for your participants.
This is how the results are displayed in the Present mode:
By default, the order of options adjusts based on their popularity, and results are displayed as percentages. If you want to change these settings, check out the following part of this article.
If you don’t want your audience to get biased by the answers of others, you can hide the results until you get enough votes. Keep an eye on the vote counter in the top right corner and once it hits the number you hoped for, reveal the final results.
Additionally, you can also lock the voting to prevent any more votes to go through (while still keeping the poll active and showing its results).
The multiple choice poll has two additional settings which you can find under Settings → Features → Live Polls.
- Fix order of poll options - Normally, your poll options will reorder according to the number of votes each answer gets, but you can stick to the order you set up when creating the poll by enabling this setting.
- Poll results as a number of votes - Show how many people voted for each option instead of the percentage count
- Activate multiple polls at once
- Collect poll votes before or after your event
- Run a Q&A Session
- Run a brainstorming session to collect Ideas
- Use cases: explore more ways how to use Slido