Display audience questions, voting results and ideas for participants in Present mode

• 24 August 2020
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Present mode allows you to display audience questions, ideas, and poll results instantly. Whether your audience is in the room or joining remotely, everyone can be heard and see their responses. Using Present mode is a great way to drive interaction during your event.

Here’s a quick video tutorial on Present mode:

Present Slido on your computer

All you need to run Slido for your event is a good Internet connection and a computer. To display Present mode:

1. Log in to your account and select your event
  2. Click Present  to open Present mode in a new tab or hover over the button and select Present in fullscreen

You can manage Q&A and polls in Present mode using the control panel in the bottom-left corner. Alternatively, you can log in at www.slido.com on your smartphone or another device and manage Slido from there.

Present mode from Slido admin

Typing indicator

Slido’s Present mode includes a typing indicator to let you know that people are actively interacting with your live poll or Q&A. This tells you exactly how many people are typing out questions or submitting poll responses in real time. Use this during your events to gauge when it’s safe to move on to other content.

Typing indicator in Present mode

The typing indicator will also display on your event’s admin page. So even if you’re not using Slido’s Present mode, you’ll still be able to tell when people are actively participating.

Useful tips

• You can Copy the Present mode link and share it with your colleagues or AV technicians so they can display it on a different screen. 

• You can manually adjust Present mode to your screen by zooming in and out
    1. Select the gear icon in the control panel
    2. Press + to zoom in and - to zoom out

Zoom In/Out in present mode

• Full-screen shortcuts
    • for  Mac: Command + Shift + F
    • for Windows: F11

Curious about more?

6 replies

I am the Chairman of my committee’s Halloween and Christmas Decorating contest. Can I use this app for Voting for the best decorated homes in three categories? This will take place for 10 days? I will have a photo per contestant too. We will have at most 50 homes.

How can I get a poll to display one question at a time? 

Is there a way to create a welcome page?

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @Cheryl T

That sounds super fun! 

Yes, Slido would be a great tool for this and there are a number of ways this can be done. You could do this with our Google slides integration, for instance or run a ranking poll. I would recommend this webinar on getting started with Slido  to get a feel for what we do. We also have a great knowledge base of help center articles to get you started. You could try creating and then testing your event before you run it live. 

Our awesome customer care team are on hand 24/5 to answer any questions specific to what’s best for your event. You can reach them at support@slido.com or through live chat in your Slido admin. 

Hope this helps! 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @CarolinaMejia

Polls are designed to show one question at a time, Is it possible you mean displaying the poll results?

Depending on your plan, you can apply customizations to include a welcome screen. 

Let me know if you have any more questions! 

After a session can I download the questions asked on Slido in Webex?

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hello @caglapars 

yes the results can be downloaded after logging in to www.slido.com and then you can login to your Webex account. After that just follow the instructions mentioned here: https://community.slido.com/analytics-and-exports-44/export-your-questions-poll-results-quiz-leaderboard-and-ideas-532