In this article, you can learn about the limitations of our Google Slides integration which can be removed by installing our free extension for Google Chrome. This article also discusses the unsupported Slido features in the Google Slides integration.
The extension will allow for seamless integration without the need to switch between Google Slides and Slido, while ensuring that videos, animated transitions, and GIFs work as they should when you present.
In this article:
Here's a list of limitations to keep in mind when using the Google Slides add-on. They can be fixed by installing our free extension for Google Chrome.
- Animated transitions on your slides will not work when you present with Slido. Install our Chrome extension if you plan on including animations on slides.
- GIFs are currently not supported either. If you insert one, it will appear as a static image on your slide, unless you have the Chrome extension installed.
- Skipping slides does not work with the integration and hidden slides will be still displayed when presenting with Slido, unless you have the Chrome extension installed.
- You won't be able to use hyperlinks while presenting with Slido unless you have the Chrome extension installed.
- You won't be able to change the location of the Slido Event Code badge when presenting.
- You won’t be able to use the integration if you’ve opened your PowerPoint presentation (.pptx) in Google Slides.
- You cannot unlink a Slido event from the Google Slides presentation, but you can reuse the event or add a new session to your presentation.
Unsupported Slido features
Slido Ideas are currently not supported in the integration.
Curious about more?