FAQ's regarding our Microsoft Teams integration

• 15 March 2021
  • 14 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Welcome to our Microsoft Teams integration FAQ page. We’ve set it up in order to answer some of the most frequent questions that you might have regarding the integration.

Essential requirements and current limitations

To start, here are the essential requirements and current limitations of the Microsoft Teams integration: 

1. Using Microsoft Teams Meetings desktop native app by both administrators and participants (MS Teams Live events is not supported yet).

2. Creating (scheduling) a meeting via Microsoft Teams or Outlook first: only the organizer of the MS Teams meeting can add Slido to the specific meeting. They need to be either the admin, or guest of the Slido event they’re adding to Microsoft Teams.

3. Inviting at least one participant to the Teams meeting before adding Slido to it: only participants within the same organization can be added to the meeting to be able to use Slido. External participants will not see Slido in Microsoft Teams. 

Follow the article on how to integrate Slido with Microsoft Teams for the step-by-step guide. 

In this article we’re covering the following questions:

I can’t see the + button to add the Slido app, what should I do?

If you scheduled your meeting and you still can’t see the + button, please make sure at least one participant is invited to this meeting. Once done, go to Edit the meeting and the + button should be available. In case the problem still persists, please make sure you have enabled Turn on new meetings experience under Microsoft Teams Settings → General.

Is there any extra cost for the integration?

There is no additional cost for the integration, it works with all of our packages, including the free Basic package.

Does the integration work with Teams Live Events? 

Currently, meeting apps such as Slido work only with Teams Meetings. We would like to offer this for Live Events in the future, once Microsoft enables it. (*Teams Live Events are Microsoft’s webinar/large event product, similar to e.g. Zoom Video Webinar)

Will external users see the Slido app when they join a Teams Meeting?

Currently, only members of your organization see meeting apps such as Slido in a Teams Meeting. We would like to enable this for external users in the future, once Microsoft enables it.

Does the integration work with Teams channel meetings?

At the moment, Microsoft doesn’t support meeting apps such as Slido in channel or chat meetings. In addition, once you invite the whole channel to your meeting, it’s considered a channel meeting and therefore it won’t allow you to add the Slido app to the meeting. We would like to support channel and chat meetings, once Microsoft enables it.

Does the integration work in a web browser?

Currently, you need to have the Desktop app installed to be able to use Slido in a Teams Meeting. Once Microsoft supports meeting apps in a web browser, this will work automatically.

Adding Slido to a Teams channel (the secondary functionality of this integration) works in the web browser too.

Does the integration work in the Teams mobile app?

Currently, you need to have the Desktop app installed to be able to use Slido in a Teams meeting. Once Microsoft supports meeting apps in a mobile version of Teams, this will work automatically..

Does the integration work with the Teams breakout rooms?

Currently, the Slido app will only be available in the main Teams room. When divided into breakout rooms, the Slido app will not be available in these.

I schedule Teams Meetings in Outlook, can I still use the integration?

Yes, you can! After you schedule a meeting in Outlook, open the Meeting in your Teams Calendar to add the Slido app (see here).

I can’t see the Slido app in Teams, what’s the problem?

Most likely they might have certain internal restrictions in place. In such case, Slido needs to be whitelisted by the IT administrator.

Does the Teams app work hand in hand with Slido’s PowerPoint add-in?

Yes, it does as long as you use the same Slido event (or session) in both PowerPoint and Teams apps. The “Share content” feature during the call, however, doesn’t work so you will need to share screen or the application window of PowerPoint.

How do you handle security?

We want to make sure that the Slido app meets Microsoft’s compliance and security standards. You can find our certification on this page.

What permissions are required when adding the Slido app to Teams?

We ask for permissions when you are adding the Slido app into your Teams Meeting or Channel. This app will have permission to:

• Receive messages and data that I provide to it.

• Send me messages and notifications.

• Access my profile information such as my name, email address, company name, and preferred language.

• Receive messages and data that team members provide to it in a channel.

• Send messages and notifications in a channel.

• Access this team’s information such as team name, channel list and roster (including team member’s names and email addresses) - and use this to contact them​.

Didn’t find an answer to your question in this article? Contact our Support team at support@slido.com.

Curious about more?

14 replies

Is it possible to use Slido with a Teams meeting of external to my organisation participants ?

Badge

Hi @KerenWalsh,

Currently, only members of your organization see meeting apps such as Slido in a Teams Meeting. However, we’d love to enable this for external users in the future, once Microsoft enables it.

I could not use Slido with Microsoft Teams integration because I can not login or sign up from Microsoft Teams. It shows “ Unable to load app outside of Microsoft Teams ” message.

What should I do? Please help me.

Hi @tomkhlin,

Thanks for reaching out. 

Unfortunately, this looks like you are not allowed to open apps outside of MS Teams. It's a setting that only your IT can change on their end. Please reach out to them to see what can be done about it. If this isn’t the solution please let me know, we are happy to troubleshoot further with you.

I  tried to launch a Slido Poll in Teams Meeting, but external guests cannot see at all.

Can Slido questions be seen by external meeting guests? Or is it a limitation for Slido free version? Thanks

Hi @Gchan,

Currently, only members of your organization see meeting apps such as Slido in a Teams Meeting. We would like to enable this for external users in the future, once Microsoft enables it. For the time being, we are always trying to have up-to-date information about the limitation on our community pages. For the MS Teams, it would be this article.

Hi there.Does the Teams integration have issues when using the Webex login option? I get a blank white screen after Slido login (using Webex SSO). Does a blank page indicate any particular issue?

Hi @Chris Barlow,

Thank you for your question! Can you please tell me whether you are you using the MS Teams web browser version or the desktop app of MS Teams? 

Hi Anna. This is using the Windows Desktop Version of MS Teams  1.4.00.22472 (32-bit). 

Hi Anna, if I use a personal login for the Slido app it loads within Teams. If I use the Webex login option it fails. It seems like an issue with authenticating the account if using a Webex login. FYI we have SSO set up for Webex

I could not use Slido with Microsoft Teams integration because I can not login or sign up from Microsoft Teams. It shows “ Unable to load app outside of Microsoft Teams ” message.

What should I do? Please help me.

It happened the same to me. But I found a way recently. You can try add Slido when you are running the meeting. It worked to me.

While in the meeting, we can add easily even when it is a channel meeting.

Does the integration work with Teams channel meetings?

Does the integration work with the Teams breakout rooms?

I have found that Slido can be added into Teams channel meetings and also inside breakout rooms. For Teams channel meeting, we add Slido while we are running the meeting, not before that. For breakout rooms, we need to join each breakout room meetings to add Slido manually.

Hi @Chris Barlow,

Apologies for the delayed response here. 

Unfortunately, using the “Log in with Webex” isn’t currently supported in MS Teams integration. This is a bug which we’re aware of and is on our roadmap to be fixed, but there’s no ETA on it as of now. I apologize for the inconvenience. 

Adam from Slido 

@Tritran 

Thank you so much for sharing these valuable insights with the rest of the community and teaching us something new! 

Really appreciate your inputs. :)