Slido for PowerPoint is a new integration that we announced on Oct 1, 2020. This article includes the current list limitations that we’re updating regularly.
In this article:
Here's a list of limitations to keep in mind when using Slido for PowerPoint:
- Swapping screens in Presenter view - Using the swap screen feature in Presenter view will not correctly display the Slido screen. You will need to move your PowerPoint window to the screen where you want the slideshow to appear.
- Slido polls won’t load if you add Music to your slides and set it to play automatically when the slide is shown.
- PowerPoint Online and Viewer - The online and viewer version of PowerPoint are not currently supported. You won’t find the Slido button in the menu there.
- Zoom controls - When displaying the results of polls or participant questions, the Zoom control bar disappears. It will reappear once you leave the Slido slide.
- Sharing PowerPoint on Microsoft Teams - When sharing screen on Teams, select the PowerPoint app or Desktop. The option to share the PowerPoint file directly through Teams with PowerPoint Live is not supported.
- Authenticated proxy - If you corporate network requires to use proxy with authentication we currently does not support this setup.
- OpenDocument Presentation files (.odp) are not supported.
- Sharing a presentation with Slido polls and saving it on flash drives is only possible if it is then opened on a computer with the add-in installed.
- Multiple Rooms functionality - with multiple rooms, you can only present one room at a time. You can pair one room in one presentation, allowing you to pick a room and change the room. If you decide to switch a room through a session, your Slido slides will disappear and you will need to assign polls from a new room that you just connected.
It is currently not possible to unlink a Slido event from the Powerpoint presentation, but you can reuse the event or add a new session to your presentation.
Your computer has to meet the following minimum requirements for you to be able to use our PowerPoint integration:
- Microsoft PowerPoint 2013 and later
- Windows 10 21H1
- .NET Framework 4.6.2
For more detailed information check System requirements.
You will no longer be able to install Slido for PowerPoint on Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 due to a security update. If you’re an existing user and running operating system with outdated settings, we’ll let you know through a notification popup.
Unsupported Slido features
Some of the Slido features that can't be used with our PowerPoint integration:
- Ideas - Slido Ideas are currently not supported by Slido for PowerPoint
Curious about more?