Limitations in Slido for PowerPoint

• 1 October 2020
  • 12 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Slido for PowerPoint allows you to insert Slido polling and Q&A slides directly into your presentation. This overview explains the minimum requirements and limitations of the integration. 

Are you experiencing an issue? Check out our troubleshooting guides for Windows and macOS.

In this article:

Minimum requirements

Your computer must meet the following minimum requirements for you to be able to use our PowerPoint integration.

Windows:

• Microsoft PowerPoint 2016 or later
  • Windows 10 22H2 or later
  • .NET Framework 4.6.2

For more detailed Windows requirements, check out our Slido for Windows admin guide.

You will no longer be able to install Slido for PowerPoint on Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 due to a security update. If you’re an existing user and running operating system with outdated settings, we’ll let you know through a notification popup.

macOS:

• macOS 12 (Monterey) or later
  • Microsoft PowerPoint 2019 or later with October 2023 update (16.78) applied

Limitations

Here's a list of limitations to keep in mind when using Slido for PowerPoint.

All limitations apply to both Windows and macOS users except the first one listed

• Swapping screens in Presenter view - Using the swap screen feature in Presenter view will not correctly display the Slido screen. You will need to move your PowerPoint window to the screen where you want the slideshow to appear.
    **Windows only  

• Slido polls won’t load if you add Music to your slides and set it to play automatically when the slide is shown.

• PowerPoint Online and Viewer - The online and viewer version of PowerPoint are not currently supported. You won’t find the Slido button in the menu there.

• Zoom controls - When displaying the results of polls or participant questions, the Zoom control bar disappears. It will reappear once you leave the Slido slide.

• Sharing PowerPoint on Microsoft Teams - When sharing screen on Teams, select the PowerPoint app or Desktop. The option to share the PowerPoint file directly through Teams with PowerPoint Live is not supported.

• Authenticated proxy - If you corporate network uses a proxy server with authentication, this setup is not currently supported.

• OpenDocument Presentation files (.odp) are not supported.

• Sharing a presentation with Slido polls and saving it on flash drives is only possible if it is then opened on a computer with the add-in installed.

• Multiple Rooms functionality - with multiple rooms, you can only present one room at a time. You can pair one room in one presentation, allowing you to pick a room and change the room. If you decide to switch a room through a session, your Slido slides will disappear and you will need to assign polls from a new room that you just connected.

• Ideas feature unavailable - Slido’s BETA Ideas feature is currently not supported within the integration.

It is currently not possible to unlink a Slido account from the Powerpoint presentation, but you can reuse the event or switch to a new session if needed

Curious about more?

12 replies

Is survey poll supported in Slido for PowerPoint beta?
Looks like that only the title of survey poll will be displayed in PowerPoint but not the survey questions or results. Please kindly share the insights if this is a known limitation or if there is a solution to this already. Thanks!

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @Yanling,

Yes, surveys are supported in Slido for Powerpoint. You are right that when you are presenting in Powerpoint, you will see the survey title first. To see the results, you then need to either click on the slide or press an arrow key. This will show the results of individual questions in the survey. Here is a short video which illustrates how it works

I hope this helps :) Let me know if you have any questions.

Hi @Maggie from Slido 

Thanks for sharing this info. I’m currently trying to make this work, and all that happens is the presentation moves to the next slide. It doesn’t look like what you have linked to in the video. Instead I have a splash screen that says “ Start presenting to display the poll results on this slide.” while I’m presenting… could you offer any insight here, please?

Thanks!

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @Humanity'sPeril,

Just jumping in for Maggie :) 

It seems like this problem requires a bit of troubleshooting, which is much easier through either opening a chat (available Mon-Fri), or emailing this thread to support@slido.com and our Customer Care team can assist you faster.

Please let me know if there’s anything else that I can help you with in the meantime!

Hi Alex,

Thank you very much! I’ve reached out to support and it appears, as I’m using a work laptop, that my “Proxy Authentication” hasn’t been changed to allow Slido to operate properly. I’m waiting for IT to make the necessary changes.

Userlevel 5
Badge

Thank you so much for posting an update here as well! Hope it’ll be all fixed for you soon :) 

Hi, I have a presentation to give that I want to use a Slido poll embedded in to the slide deck. The venue have asked that I run the deck from their own PC which doesn’t have the Slido extension on Powerpoint. Will I still be able to run the slide as normal or will I need to switch out of Powerpoint and run the poll through a browser?

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @Steve R

That’s right. if the venue are not able to download the Slido extension for you to use, you would need to switch out of PowerPoint and run a remote session in slido without a presentation.

Let me know if you have any more questions!

Best, 

Good morning,

Windows security controls are enforced in my company. These controls block processes created by Office applications.

In this way, the Slido plugin inserted in powerpoint files is blocked.

This only happens on company PCs and not on personal ones.

Do you have any suggestions on how to fix it?

If you need more details on our company security systems, we are available for a private contact.

Thank you
Cristina

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @Cristina

I think the best thing to do here is reach out to our customer care team for assistance. They will be able to look into this a bit deeper for you, regarding your companies set up. 

It does sound like this would be something you would need to address with your IT/Windows admin at your organization, but we’d be happy to take a look. 

You can reach out on our live chat or by contacting support@slido.com

Hope this helps! 

Are there any limits on how many users can interact with questions or polls on Slido for PowerPoint?

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @marrissa.morrow

We have limitations whilst using PowerPoint with Slido but for your users/participants, it depends on your Slido plan. For example, if you are on the Slido basic plan, the limit would be 100 users. 

Hope this helps! 

Best,