If you’re a host in Webex meeting or webinar and using Slido, you can add a guest collaborator to help you manage Q&A and run the polls via the Slido website.
On the day, meeting cohosts and webinar panelists can request to manage Slido directly from the Webex sidebar.
Essential requirements and limitations:
In this article:
Add a guest collaborator before the meeting or webinar
You can invite someone to help you manage polls and Q&A in advance via the Slido website. Once you add Slido to your Webex meeting or webinar in the sidebar on the day, they’ll be able to see the same Slido under ‘Apps’.
To invite a collaborator beforehand:
- Go to slido.com and select ‘Log in with Webex’
- Once you’re logged in with your Webex credentials, select the event you’re using in Webex, or create a new one
- In your Slido event, go to Settings and expand the Share access section
- Type in the email address of the person you’d like to add as a collaborator and click ‘Invite’
Once you start your Webex meeting, you or your collaborator can launch Slido from Apps > Slido. Just make sure to select the correct Slido.
If you’re a webinar host, you need to add Slido to Webex before any guest collaborator can access admin mode in the sidebar. Once you do so, they’ll see the Slido session they’ve been invited to after they open Slido via ‘Apps’.
Add a cohost or panelist as a collaborator during the meeting or webinar
Meeting cohosts and webinar panelists can request to manage Slido directly from the Webex sidebar without a need of setting up the shared access in advance.
After you, as a host, add Slido to Webex, and assign your cohosts or panelists, they’ll have the option to ask for collaborator access.
To do so, cohosts and panelists need to:
- Go to the ‘Apps’ in Webex and select Slido in the sidebar
- Click the ‘Request access’ button
Once they do so, you will see a request to help manage Slido in your sidebar. You can decide whether you want to approve it or cancel:
Curious about learning more?