[FAQ] Everything You Need to Know About Slido Online Community

• 30 September 2020
  • 0 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge
  • Slido Community Manager
  • 197 replies

I’m new here, where should I get started? 

First of all - welcome! 👋

We’re very excited to have you in our Slido Online Community! The best way to get started is to check out our Slido Community Guidelines, and then, of course, introduce yourself here so that everyone can give you a warm welcome!

How can I update my Community Profile and Settings?

1. Click your avatar to the top right of the page next to Create topic button 

2. Choose My profile to access your profile

3. Click the button Edit profile

From there you’ll be able to add your profile picture.

👉 Note: We all love a good cartoon character but please use an actual photo of you for your profile.  

Be sure to fill out your other profile info as well!

If you click on the link next to My profile you will see Settings. This is where you’ll be able to adjust your notifications, email, and other preferences.

How do I navigate around the Community forum?

There’s a lot of great content here for you to check out but we know it can sometimes get a little confusing. Here are a few ways to help you navigate around this site.

We have all content broken up into easy to navigate CategoriesSubcategories Topics. 

How do I navigate around the Knowledge Base?

Our number one priority is for you to find the right information. We update our knowledge base articles all the time and add new ones based on new launches and feedback from you. 

The help articles are broken up into corresponding categories based on features and/or specific use cases. However, the best thing to start with is to simply use the search bar. 

💡 Pro tip: The best thing to start with is to simply use the search bar before instead of going through all the categories to find info that you’re looking for.

What are the different types of topics?

There are 3 different types of topics in our community - Question, Conversation and articles.

Question

Many people come here to get help with a problem or to find a better way to do something with Slido. Questions are ideal for those situations. You should ask a question and wait for others to submit answers. Then, when you get an answer that works for you, you can accept that answer as “best answer”. Community Managers and Moderators can also mark answers as “best answer”.

Conversation

Sometimes you just want to start a conversation with other users. Get your thoughts out and have other Slido users collaborate with you. In this case, you’ll need to choose Conversation to get the discussion started. 

Articles

Long-form blog-like content, such as case studies or how-to-content will be classified as an article. Currently, only Slido Community Managers and Slido Employees are able to post articles. 

How do I create my own topic?

💡Reminder: Remember to use the search function to see if your questions are already being discussed or if there is already an existing conversation.

Find the right place for your question or conversation. There will be descriptions of all categories and subcategories at the top of the page.

Once you’re in the correct category and then subcategory, you can simply click on the Create topic button next to your profile picture.

Choose what type of content you’re going to post. Decide if your topic is a question or a conversation. A conversation is a normal discussion topic. 

Create a title. Please, choose a title that is short but descriptive. It should summarize what your topic is about: include the name of the product or the service, if applicable. This way other users can see directly if they are able to help you.

Describe what your topic is about.

How do I subscribe or unsubscribe from Topics and Subcategories

Each time that you start a new topic or conversation, you will automatically be notified via email when that topic receives a reply. 

💡 Pro tip: You can change any of these notification settings by clicking on your profile picture at the top right-hand side of the page and then clicking on Settings.

Let’s say that you want to subscribe to a Subcategory to make sure you don’t miss out on any new topics added. You can open the Subcategory and simply click subscribe on the top right corner. To unsubscribe from a Subcategory, just click the same button again, now it says Unsubscribe.

If you want to subscribe to a particular topic within a Subcategory, just click the star icon at the bottom of the post that says Subscribe. Once you click it will turn green to let you know that you are now subscribed.

To unsubscribe, just click that same Subscribe button again.

👉 We will be improving this FAQ based on what you are looking for, so stay tuned!

0 replies

Be the first to reply!