Using an embedded Slido event, you can connect with your online audience who can send questions and vote in polls directly from your website.
See an example below of how the embedded Slido Participant mode can look on your website:
Embedding Slido into a website is available in our Professional plan (and higher).
In this article:
- Embedding a whole Slido event
- Embedding a single poll or survey
- Embedding multiple Slido rooms
- Pre-fill participants’ data via query parameters
- Embedding Present mode
Embedding Slido into a website
You can embed Slido Participant mode into your website by following these steps:
- In your event, open Participant mode preview
- Click the three vertical dots
- Select Copy embed code and insert it into the HTML code of your website
Example of the embed code:
This is how the embed code looks. The "event hash" is unique for each event.
<iframe src="https://app.sli.do/event/eventhash" height="100%" width="100%" style="min-height: 560px;"></iframe>
Here's a visual guide to how to get your embed code:
Adjust the size of the embedded Slido
You can change the height and width parameters of the iframe code to pixels and set the size you'd like to display:
Example of the embed code:
<iframe src="https://app.sli.do/event/7q0zb4jq" frameborder="0" height="500px" width="720px"></iframe>
Embedding an event which has live video
In case you integrated live video into your Slido event and you need the video to be allowed to go into fullscreen, you have to add allowfullscreen or allowfullscreen="true" to your embed code.
Example of the allowfullscreen attribute in the embed mode:
<iframe src="https://app.sli.do/event/eventhash" height="100%" width="100%" allowfullscreen="true" style="min-height: 560px;"></iframe>
Embedding a single poll or a survey
You can embed a single poll or a survey to your website to collect votes:
- In your event, go to Polls, hover over your poll or survey
- Open the menu and select Share
- Copy Embed code
Embedding multiple rooms
Before you start, make sure you created your multiple rooms.
- In your event, click the green Present mode button in the upper right corner
- Select Copy Present mode link. This will copy a URL for the room currently selected in your admin.
- Paste the link into the embed code and replace "wall" in the URL with "app".
- Change room at the top of the Present mode and repeat the 2 and 3 steps for all rooms you need to embed
"app.sli.do" stands for Slido Participant mode.
"wall.sli.do" stands for Slido Present mode.
Example of the embed code for specific Slido room:
<iframe src="https://app.sli.do/event/y2uums64?section=5afbb0e9-b5fe-4cad-a7f2-8a36dda17f33" height="100%" width="100%" style="min-height: 560px;"></iframe>
Pre-fill participants' data via query parameters
If you have already collected your visitors' details and would like to import this information into Slido, you can do so via query parameters.
To get the final embed link for the Slido event, you’ll need to combine two components:
- Slido Event link
- Query parameters
Example of the embed code with query parameters:
<iframe src="https://app.sli.do/event/7q0zb4jq/live/questions?lang=fr_CA&user_name=John%20Doefirstname.lastname@example.org&user_company=Slido" height="100%" width="100%" style="min-height: 560px;"></iframe>
⤓ Download: Embedding Slido event with query parameters for the name, email, and company [pdf, 255 KB]
We recommend using an incognito mode or a different browser when testing the query parameters with an embedded event. If you’ve already joined the same event or loaded the website with Participant mode before, your browser remembers the original settings.
FAQ’s related to query parameters:
- How to test query parameters with an embedded event
- Can we turn off verification email when using query parameters to pull fname + lname + email?
Embedding Slido Present mode
If needed, you can also embed Slido Present mode. For that, you first need to get the Present mode link:
- In your event, hover over the Present mode button
- Click Copy Present mode link
- Paste the Present mode link into the "src" attribute of the embed code
Example of the embed mode for Present mode:
<iframe src="https://wall.sli.do/event/eventhash" frameborder="0" height=“100%” width="100%" scrolling="yes"></iframe>