Embed your Slido event

• 24 August 2020
  • 20 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Using an embedded Slido event, you can connect with your online audience who can send questions and vote in polls directly from your website.

See an example below of how the embedded Slido Participant mode can look on your website:

Available in our Professional plan and higher.

In this article:

Embedding Slido into a website

You can embed Slido Participant mode into your website by following these steps:

Here's a visual guide to how to get your embed code:

This is how the embed code looks. The "event hash" is unique for each event:

<iframe src="https://app.sli.do/event/eventhash" height="100%" width="100%" style="min-height: 560px;"></iframe>

If there’s no Privacy setting enabled on your event, everyone who opens a website with embedded Slido will automatically count as a joined participant in the Event Analytics.

Get separate links for Questions, Polls, or Ideas

You can navigate your participants directly to Questions, Ideas or Polls and Surveys if you have multiple menu items available in your app. Just add /questions, /polls, or /ideas to your event link to do so.

Example of the embed code with polls:

<iframe src="https://app.sli.do/event/7q0zb4jq/polls" height="100%" width="100%" style="min-height: 560px;"></iframe>

Adjust the size of the embedded Slido

You can change the height and width parameters of the iframe code to pixels and set the size you'd like to display:

<iframe src="https://app.sli.do/event/7q0zb4jq" frameborder="0" height="500px" width="720px"></iframe>

Embedding an event which has live video

In case you integrated live video into your Slido event and you need the video to be allowed to go into fullscreen, you have to add allowfullscreen or allowfullscreen="true" to your embed code.

Example of the allowfullscreen attribute in the embed mode:

<iframe src="https://app.sli.do/event/eventhash" height="100%" width="100%" allowfullscreen="true" style="min-height: 560px;"></iframe>

Embedding a single poll or a survey

You can embed a single poll or a survey to your website to collect votes:

file.php?view=Y&file=qfuvx0w7xp25j6m0qlfpw9gh84jppyjp.gif

Embedding multiple rooms

Before you start, make sure you created your multiple rooms. Then, get a permament link to a specific room. You’ll use this permanent link for embedding Present mode of a particular room.

To embed the room’s Participant mode, replace wall.sli.do with app.sli.do

"app.sli.do" stands for Slido Participant mode.

"wall.sli.do" stands for Slido Present mode.

Example of the embed code for specific Slido room (participant mode):

<iframe src="https://app.sli.do/event/y2uums64?section=5afbb0e9-b5fe-4cad-a7f2-8a36dda17f33" height="100%" width="100%" style="min-height: 560px;"></iframe>

Pre-fill participants' data via query parameters

If you have already collected your visitors' details and would like to import this information into Slido, you can do so via query parameters. Please bear in mind that for the query parameters to pull the email information, you need to have the Require email option enabled in Slido. 

To get the final embed link for the Slido event, you’ll need to combine two components:

Example of the embed code with query parameters:

<iframe src="https://app.sli.do/event/7q0zb4jq/live/questions?lang=fr_CA&user_name=John%20Doe&user_email=john@slido.com&user_company=Slido" height="100%" width="100%" style="min-height: 560px;"></iframe>

We recommend using an incognito mode or a different browser when testing the query parameters with an embedded event. If you’ve already joined the same event or loaded the website with Participant mode before, your browser remembers the original settings. When using Incognito mode, don’t forget to enable third-party cookies.

FAQ’s related to query parameters:

Embedding Slido Present mode

If needed, you can also embed Slido Present mode. For that, you first need to get the Present mode link:

Example of the embed mode for Present mode:

<iframe src="https://wall.sli.do/event/eventhash" frameborder="0" height=“100%” width="100%" scrolling="yes"></iframe>

Curious about more?

20 replies

Hi we are using the ‘Pre-fill participants' data via query parameters’ described on page here 

https://community.sli.do/embed-slido-into-your-website-or-app-68/embed-your-slido-event-or-a-poll-into-a-website-408

But if we pass ‘lang=fr_CA’ like  example on page the text of the text remain all english on the UI, we will have french and english users is the lang parameter not actually supported?

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hey @resolve,

To change the language of your embed, you will first need to change the language of your Slido event in the event settings and this will then transfer onto the embedded content. 

If you would like to have multiple languages within one event, we will need to set this up for you from the backend. Please reach out to us at support@slido.com and my lovely colleagues will arrange this.

I hope this helps :) Let me know if you have any further questions.

Hi,

We’ve successfully embedded a Slido on a webpage, where we are directing our users to the Slido Agenda page, using an embed-link as shown below:

<iframe src="https://app.sli.do/event/Agendahash/agenda" height="100%" width="100%" style="min-height: 560px;"></iframe>

This approach directs us to the agenda of the first room, and not the full agenda. To view the full agenda, the user needs to manually select “all rooms” in the upper corner.

Is it possible to direct user directly onto the “all rooms Agenda” ?

Best Regards

Steffen Mølgaard Larsen

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @Steffen Mølgaard Larsen

I’ve double checked with our Technical team and I’m afraid it’s not possible. :( 

Hopefully this won’t influence your event too much.

Happy to help if you would have any additional questions. 

Hi @Steffen Mølgaard Larsen

I’ve double checked with our Technical team and I’m afraid it’s not possible. :( 

Hopefully this won’t influence your event too much.

Happy to help if you would have any additional questions. 

Thanks for your reply!
Please consider my post as a feature request :-)

Have a great day!

Hi there,

I am hoping to embed one of my Slido Rooms to my website. I have two rooms set up for the event, I don’t want participants to be able to move between rooms. 

I understand the article is saying it is possible to embed a room, but I don’t know how, or where I would find the embed code. 

Your urgent help would be much appreciated. 

Kind regards, 

Juliet

Hi Juliet from @Events ,

I see how embedding a particular room might be puzzling. Let me help you with that :) 

Do you want to embed a participant mode or the present one? Open your event in the mode you want to embed and get the url link specific to the room. Once you have that, paste the room link in place of the the highlighted part below and that’s it.

<iframe src="https://app.sli.do/event/y2uums64?section=5afbb0e9-b5fe-4cad-a7f2-8a36dda17f33" height="100%" width="100%" style="min-height: 560px;"></iframe>

If you want to set it up the way participants won’t be able to move between rooms, we’ll have to customise it manually on our end. Please reach out to us at support@slido.com and my lovely colleagues will arrange this for you.

I hope this helps. Let us know how it goes. :) 

Hi there,

we try to integrate rooms and questions directly with our website.
We have linked the selected rooms directly as described. However, landing on the poll page and would like to land on the questions. Is there a parameter that we can set?

Thxs best Harald

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @Harald

There was recently a fix in our parameters which meant the content was taken down. This fix has now been implemented and the query parameters are now included in the article above. 

Hope this helps! 

Let me know if you have any other questions!  Alternatively, if you require any additional assistance, our customer care team are available 24/5 through your chat in Slido admin, or at support@slido.com

Best, 

Hi,

I embedded a poll on my website, but when doing a test, I’m unable to answer the question, and get a “Missing authentication” error. I ensured the privacy settings were open to all. Any tips on how to resolve this?

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @Yann

Sorry to hear you’re having issues here. When you click the join event button, does it allow you to access the event this way? 

If not, it may be that we need to look a little deeper into this with customer care. You can contact them at support@slido.com, or access live chat through Slido admin. 

Let me know if you have any more questions! 

Hi 

When I embed slido participant mode, the colour customisation that I have applied does not come through to the embed. 

To you have any advice on this?

Many thanks

John

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @Glo Edinburgh

I’m sorry to hear you’ve had an issue with our color customizations, could you send a screenshot of what you are seeing? 

I would recommend perhaps contacting our customer care team regarding this as we may need to take a closer look to assist you. They are available 24/5 through live chat via Slido admin or by contacting support@slido.com

Let me know if you have any more questions! 

Hi Team Slido,

We’ve been integrating slido very successfully including: 
Pre-fill participants' data via query parameters

We’d like to be able to include the event passcode in the same way, but this doesn't seem to be documented anywhere, is this possible?
The extra layer of security would be welcomed.

Hello

I’m trying to find out if Slido offers iFrame or HTML embedments? I use an online platform called Visme to create presentations and would like to integrate Slido quizzes within these presentations. 

My Visme contact has advised I check this with Slido. 

Any help would be much appreciated :) 

Badge

Yes, you can embed an entire Slido page into a webpage via a HTML embed.

Hello,

We integrate Slido via an iframe and send as parameters the first and last name as well as the term “(online) “or “(onsite)”, e.g. Steve JAMES (online). For quite some time, this worked well and the user arrived at Slido logged in and his initials, in the bubble, were indeed “SJ”. However, a few weeks ago, your system must have changed, because now the initials for "Steve JAMES (online)" are SO. Can you tell us how to get things back to the way they were? Is it possible to set the initials ourselves for example, as parameters ?

Thanks for your help.

Romain

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hey @Europa ,

Would something like “Steve JAMES 💻” work as a workaround? That will display SJ and indicate that the user is connected online with the laptop. 

Based on what the engineer said, the SO would be correct as the James would be the “middle” name in this scenario but the only change that was made was regarding the color of the avatar.

Let us know if this would work or if you have any other questions.

Best,

Hey,

Thank you for your reply.

It could have been a good idea but it doesn't work, we've just tested it.

The problem is that some people have a compound name. Example: Lana Del Rey, with your system her initials would be "LR" whereas her real initials are LD.

Kind regards

Romain

Hi Romain @Europa 

Thanks for letting us know. As it is designed now, there’s no way for the system to tell if a participant with three names is someone with a compound last name, or if the name is in a first, middle, last format. It assumes the latter option and pulls the first and third initial.

We do very much appreciate the feedback, though. It’s good to know of your use case when discussing improvements to the formatting.