Activate multiple polls at the same time

• 24 August 2020
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Sometimes, it's great to activate more polls at the same time. There are three ways how to do it - you can either group your polls into a survey, share them as external links or you can use multiple rooms.

In this article:

Group multiple polls using a survey

Available in our Engage plan and higher.

Creating a survey allows you to add multiple poll questions and activate them all at once.

1. Go to Live Polls
  2. Click Create poll and select Survey
  3. Fill in the details

Activating multiple polls through survey

Your participants will see all the questions of the survey on their devices. You'll be able to display in Present mode only one question at a time by clicking the arrow button.

If you already created your polls, you can merge them into a survey.

Available in all our plans.

This solution works for activating both multiple polls and surveys at the same time. Using our External links feature, you can have polls and surveys accessible from Participant mode at any time.

1. Copy the links of your created polls or surveys
  2. Open Event settings
  3. Paste the links under External links (Customization -> Participant mode)

Adding external links

Your participants can find the links in the event’s sidebar.

Voting via external links

Divide polls into Multiple rooms

Available in our Professional plan and higher.

To display more questions at the same time, you can create a separate room for each poll or survey.

1. Go to Settings and create separate rooms
  2. Create a poll in each room and activate it
  3. Have people submit their votes and then deactivate the poll in each room

Dividing polls into multiple rooms

This is how your participants will see it:

Participant view for polls in multiple rooms

Duplicate your existing polls into Multiple rooms

If you've already created your polls in one room, you can easily copy them to another room by clicking the three vertical dots - Duplicate and selecting the preferred room. You can duplicate one poll or survey at a time.

Duplicating polls into different rooms

Tip: Gather feedback throughout the whole event by creating a special room to use exclusively for a feedback survey

Curious about more?

8 replies

Hello, 

Is it possible to create polls outside of a survey that are all within one presentation and the participants can click between polls on their own screen? I thought I had seen this before but I’m not able to recreate it. I don’t want to use the survey option because participants can’t enter multiple answers.

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hey @TrupLD,

If you don’t want to use a survey, you can create multiple rooms and run different polls in each room. Participants will then be able to move between the rooms and answer polls.

Could you share your use case? I’m curious what you mean by this:

I don’t want to use the survey option because participants can’t enter multiple answers.

Hope this helps! :)

We operate in a highly regulated environment and want multiple users to be able to separately run predefined polls/quizzes based on accessing controlled content which cannot be edited by these users.  Does anyone know whether Slido can support this type of Use Case?

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @Douglas Neill

When guests/collaborators are invited to moderate events within Slido, they have full rights to edit any polls and create new ones, however, they will not be able to edit the event settings. 
Based on this, I don’t believe Slido can support this use case. 

If you’re happy for users to be able to edit these polls, then Slido makes it very easy to invite users and guests to collaborate on your events 

Let me know if there’s anything else I can help with! 

Best,

I want to run a poll with multiple choice answers, where we ideally can see the data live by team? Would this be achieved via a multiple answers poll or do I need to ask a which team question before and wait until after and export the data?

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hello @NickPG13,

I hope I understand the use case. If you want to see multiple choice answers divided per team then you may have two options. One is that you would ask which team they are going to represent and then you would ask the multiple choice and export the data as you suggested. Second would be using multiple-rooms feature. Each room would represent each team and inside of the room there would be the same poll. Your participants would have to choose correct room and then you could display the results per room. 

After dividing the polling in multiple rooms is it possible to have results both by room and in total?

Badge

Hey @EB-THR,

Once you create multiple rooms, you will be able to see analytics separately for each room, but you can also change the view to “all rooms” on top left under your Event Analytics.

Is this what you’re looking for?