Question

Are there any 'team member' restrictions? + other specific related Qs! :)

• 27 October 2023
  • 3 replies

Can I check the the following re adding team members please?

• I can add a team member with ANY email address i.e. not from same organisation?
  • Is there a limit on the number of people I can add?
  • Is there a limit on the number of activation ‘switches’ I can do?
  • Does each team member triggered ‘event’ generate separate data? I saw that ‘they can’t see other’s data’ so assuming this is the case
  • Is there an API that allows me to programatically add/activate/monitor number events team members have run?

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hey @russell murray ,

Let me go through and answer your questions individually:

• I can add a team member with ANY email address i.e. not from same organisation?
    • Yes, as long as you dont have Domain Claim set up, or SAML through an IDP set up by your company. If you purchased Slido and are the Owner, you can invite anyone to be a User on your license without needing the email domain to be the same.
  • Is there a limit on the number of people I can add?
    • Each Annual plan comes with a certain number of Users included, but you can always purchase more Users if you would need.
  • Is there a limit on the number of activation ‘switches’ I can do?
    • I’m not sure what you mean by this question, could you add more context? If you’re asking how many Polls can be activated within a Slido event at once, it would be only 1 unless they are merged into a Survey. Please let me know if this does not answer your question!
  • Does each team member triggered ‘event’ generate separate data? I saw that ‘they can’t see other’s data’ so assuming this is the case
    • Each event has its own data that can be exported. Only the Owner and Admins can see other events on the organization which were created by other Users. You can find more about what each role can/cant see/do within the organization from the Managing Users article.
  • Is there an API that allows me to programatically add/activate/monitor number events team members have run?
    • The only API solution we have right now is Theta Lake. As the Owner of the Slido organization, you can see other events on the organization.

Let us know if there is any other questions or clarifications needed, we are happy to help!

Best,

Thanks for the comprehensive answers!

Re 'is there a limit on the number of activation ‘switches’ I can do?'

I wrote this before I purchased and tested out the guest collaborator functionality, which does exactly what I hoped

I'm a consultant developing workshop solutions for clients...I can duplicate a 'template' Google Slides doc with slido embedded and invite one person to collaborate, which allows them to edit and run that duplicate, get thier own data, still allow me see this data etc, give visibility of thier event

I thought I would have to'switch' a user on and off effectively on a specific slido, but that isn't the case

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hey @russell murray ,

My pleasure! Happy to help!

I will mention, Guest Collaborators can only be a guest on a a single event at a time. If they’re invited to multiple events, they will lose access to Event A as soon as they accept the invitation to Event B. Just in case this might be something you will come across.

Reach out with any other questions!

Best,