Question

Can you run Slido solo as a conference presenter ?

• 11 April 2024
  • 3 replies

Hello, I’m new to Slido and considering intergrating it into PowerPoint to make a 90 minute speaking spot I’m delivering at an upcoming conference more interactive. First question -  can I run Slido solo and continue chatting to my audience of around 130 people?  Second question - is it correct I need two laptops to do so, one to connect my laptop with the presentation the audience will see and a second to run Slido. Third question - do you need two laptops if delivering a similar presentation online via Zoom. Many thanks 

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hello @Kirstine Murray 

you can use our integrations to both run Slido with Powerpoint as well as with Zoom at once. 

This article could help you with the setup: https://blog.slido.com/slido-for-zoom-meetings/
Inside of the article there is also a hyperlink for downloading Powerpoint integration. 

Thanks, however I would really like to know if it’s possible to run Slido solo as a conference presenter?
Also do I need two laptop to do so, one to connect my laptop with the presentation the audience will see and a second to run Slido? 

Third question - do you need two laptops if delivering a similar presentation online via Zoom.

Many thanks 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hey @Kirstine Murray ,

You only need 1 device to run Slido in out Powerpoint or Zoom integrations. You can use both integrations together as well from one device.

The Article Ondrej shared will show you how you can run Slido in Powerpoint. First you will download the integration, input your Polls into the deck where you would want them to show as you advance through your presentation as the Presenter, it will activate your Polls automatically when you get to a Slido slide.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Best,