Solved

Multiple Slido Events In One Slide Deck

• 24 January 2022
  • 3 replies

We have a multi-day event coming up. We are using a single, consolidated PowerPoint slide deck that will be used by all speakers. Several of the speakers have asked for their own Slido Q&A Session. Using the PowerPoint plugin for Slido I inserted the first of three Q&A Slido event in the slide deck but when I went to add the next one it told me that by switching to the second event it affected was already in place. I tested it by inserting SlidoEvent#1 on the first slide and then switching to SlidoEvent#2 and then going back to the the #1 slide. The #1 slide was now pointed at the #2 event.

Is there a way to handle this?

icon

Best answer by Meggie from Slido 25 January 2022, 16:36

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hey @mstadfield,

At the moment, you can only connect one Slido event to one Powerpoint deck but you can get around this by sharing your screen instead. The behaviour you experienced was because you tried to link multiple events to the same deck which causes events to disconnect from the deck. With your setup, it would actually be better if you opened the Q&As in your browser using Present mode and then shared your screen with the questions. You will need to sign in at www.slido.com, open your events with the Q&As and then click on the green ‘Present’ button.

If you would like to simplify this, you can create just one event and add a room for each speaker. This way you will need to open one Present mode and then you can switch between your rooms inside of it. Just remember here that even though these rooms will be in the same Slido event, you still cannot link all of them to the same Powerpoint deck. The rooms feature is available starting from the Professional plan.

I hope this helps :) Let me know if you have any more questions.

How do I create multiple elements (e.g. a couple word clouds, several quizzes) in one event and get them to show when presenting with Slido in PowerPoint?

I have a few elements in my event, but can only get the first one to come on in ‘Present with Slido’ mode in Pppt.

How do I create multiple elements (e.g. a couple word clouds, several quizzes) in one event and get them to show when presenting with Slido in PowerPoint?

I have a few elements in my event, but can only get the first one to come on in ‘Present with Slido’ mode in Pppt.

Hi @Employee Experience,

Sorry for the late response, I hope this issue is not an issue anymore 😅

When you’re using the Slido for PowerPoint integration (currently still Windows only) you should be able to create all your Slido interactions (wordclouds, quizzes, etc.) in the side bar, add them to your deck and afterwards drag the respective interaction to where you’d like them to show within your presentation. After that, they should automatically pop up during present mode. If you’re still experiencing trouble with the integration I can recommend you to reach out to the Slido support via chat or email and my colleagues will have a closer look at it with you.