Polls are a very simple way to learn something more about your audience, gather insights but also let them express their opinion. Once you activate the poll question, participants can send their votes through their devices and results get updated in real-time.
In this article:
- Create your poll
- Activate a poll
- Hide poll results
- Lock voting
- Deactivate a poll
- Create a survey
Create your poll
Log in to Admin and select the Live Polls tab to create your first poll question. Simply choose the type of poll you wish to create, type in your question with the options, and hit save.
You can select from the following poll types:
- Multiple choice poll - a single poll question with options and the possibility for participants to select one or multiple answers
- Rating poll - a single poll question with stars rating (1 - 10)
- Word cloud - a single poll question that transforms the most popular words or short phrases sent by the audience into a cloud of words
- Open text - a single poll question with an open answer allowing for longer texts to be submitted
- Survey - a set of various poll types usually used for feedback or to activate multiple polls at once
- Quiz - a set of multiple-choice polls with correct answers and leaderboard
If you wish to add a picture to your poll question, click the image icon on the right and upload it from your computer.
To give your polls some context, open the three-dot menu and write a Description of up to 256 characters long.
Hide poll results
To get an unbiased vote from each of the participants, you can hide the results before you activate the poll.
Activate a poll
Once you're ready, hover over your poll and click the Play button to activate it. Live results will be displayed in the Present mode as people start sending their votes and you can also check them on the right side of your Admin. Every participant can vote once.
Unless you create a Survey or a Quiz, you can activate only a single poll at the time.
While discussing the results, you can lock the voting. People won't be able to vote or change their mind even though the poll is still activated.
Create a survey
Surveys expand on the features mentioned above by combining multiple polls into a single form. This is a great way of gathering insights, votes, and opinions on multiple questions at once or some feedback after the event.
If your plan offers surveys, simply click Create a survey to begin, as demonstrated in Step 1.