Duplicate your polls and use your own poll templates

• 24 August 2020
  • 15 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Sometimes you might want to use ask the same poll question more than once within an event or copy it to another event. Instead of creating create these polls manually, you can simply duplicate them or pick one from your poll templates!

In this article:

Duplicate poll questions within an event

You can duplicate polls one by one, or in bulk, and across multiple rooms.  

To duplicate a single poll:

1. Hover on your poll question
  2. Click the Options icon
  3. Select Duplicate

The duplicated poll will appear at the end of your poll list. 

Duplicating a single poll question into the same event

Duplicating polls to different rooms

When using more than one room in Slido, you can duplicate your poll question into that room. 

Simply hit duplicate in the menu and select your room.

Duplicating a single poll into a different room

Hold down Ctrl or Cmd on your keyboard to select more than one room

Quick Tip: Bulk action
​​
To duplicate more than one poll at once:  

1. Hover over the icons of the polls you wish to duplicate
  2. Tick the boxes
  3. Select Duplicate in the upper menu

Duplicating a set of polls into different rooms

Duplicate poll questions to a new event

You can use any of your own polls as a template. Each poll you created is automatically saved and available in My previous polls section under poll templates anytime you need to copy it. 

To use the whole event as a template, you can simply duplicate it and then edit it or delete anything you don’t need. 

Duplicating a single poll to another Slido event

You can copy any of your existing polls to a new Slido event via Poll Templates.

To do so: 

1. Open the (new) event you want your poll to be duplicated to
  2. In Live Polls tab, go to Poll Templates
  3. In the drop-down, click My previous polls
  4. Select your poll or search for it and hit Use template button on the right
  5. Edit your poll if necessary and click Save

Choosing a poll from My previous polls

Duplicating all polls from one Slido event to another

If you wish to use the same set of polls in a new event, you have to duplicate the whole event itself first. Once duplicated, feel free to delete what you don't need from your old event anymore.

1. Hover over the event, click the options icon and select Duplicate
  2. Change the event name and code if needed
  3. Hit Duplicate

Duplicating an event 

Without an annual active subscription, your new event will be automatically set up as Basic.

Curious about learning more?

​​​​​​​

15 replies

Can you convert a poll to be a quiz?

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @gchurch,

Unfortunately, this is currently not possible. 

You can only combine polls into a survey or split them back to single polls but it’s not possible to convert them into a quiz. You’ll need to copy and paste the poll questions into a quiz manually.

This feature is definitely on our radar so I’ll submit this as a feature request to our Product Team and update this thread once it becomes available.

Please let us know if we can help with anything else in the meantime!

How can you duplicate the same 16 answers from the first question into the second questions without having to manually having to type it in again another 16 times?

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @L.M,

You can simply duplicate the poll and it will copy the question with the answers into a new poll. Then you can edit it to change the question if needed. 

Here’s an article with a detailed step-by-step on how to do it 👇

Please let me know if it’s working for you or if you need any more help!

We are running polls in 2 parts of the world 12 hours apart thus we have 2 meetings. My collegue is running the same meeting.

How do I either create a “Template” for him to select, or enable him to pick from “my polls”. We are both using MS Teams. Looking to have this available for others in case something happens to me. This is part of our ongoing training so we don’t anticipate the polls to change. 

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hey @BFratto,

Sharing templates isn’t possible at the moment, but you could invite your colleague to the event as a collaborator. This way, your colleague will have access to the same polls as you. After you run the first session, you could reset the results which will delete them and the polls can be used again for the second session. Alternatively, you could make a room for each session. 

You can also invite as many colleagues as needed via collaborator access so if you can’t run it, someone else can.

I hope this helps :) Let me know if you have any questions.

I was wondering if it is possible to have a repository of slido activities to share within an organization. So everyone would be able to have access and use them without issues of running 2 events at the same time and the data being messed up.

I think the alternative to this is for 1 person to be the owner of the repository and share all the event types with the rest of the organization and when they want to use them for their own events, they would have to duplicate that event and make it private to them? Would that work? Also is there any workarounds to having to share with over 50 people and is there any limitations in terms of people you can share with? 

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hey @andrea.cuadros,

At the moment, there is no way to have a repository of templates but we do have a workaround for sharing templates here:

and here:

@J-J do you have any advice here? How did you solve this in your company?

Let me know if you have any further questions :)

I would like to know if there is a retention period for templates created at Slido. Also if I can create a team to share survey templates.

Thanks Meggie. This helps a bit but doesn’t solve the overall problem.

We are running a training course globally with 2 courses run independently due to the time zones Americas / Europe and rest of the world. We have 16 modules in total running 1/week with approx. 5 Slido events in each. A centralized library to share would help organize and standardize for the training class epically as program managers change roles and new ones enter.

Also, the MS Teams integrated feature has been problematic for many. We have simply resorted to not trying to integrate within MS Teams and run the poles separately. We have this SSO enabled, and it works for some but not others.

If we could group each Slido summary to a final report, this would help us determine who attended what class. It could serve as a record of the overall event. (16 sessions, each slido, those that replied, 1 report). It would also benefit to group the final surveys from each of the 16 sessions into 1 report so we have an overall course summary of the feedback.

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hey @YasminP,

I would like to know if there is a retention period for templates created at Slido. Also if I can create a team to share survey templates.

There is no retention period for templates unless your account has a data retention policy. If your account does have this, then the policy will apply to templates as well.

To share your templates with a team, simply follow the steps I outline above:

Sharing templates isn’t possible at the moment, but you could invite your colleague to the event as a collaborator. This way, your colleague will have access to the same polls as you. After you run the first session, you could reset the results which will delete them and the polls can be used again for the second session. Alternatively, you could make a room for each session. 

You can also invite as many colleagues as needed via collaborator access so if you can’t run it, someone else can.

Hope this helps :)

I have 20 different presentations for a three day event, all with slido built in. What is the easiest way of me duplicating these ?

If I just duplicate on the website, they are no longer grouped in their sessions. And then how do i updated the powerpoints to not be last years session.

Thanks

Badge

Hello @LouisaWPCC ,

This might get a bit more complicated, as powerpoint deck and slido session cannot be unlinked.

You will need to copy the slides into new presentation and assign session to them. More info can be found in this thread, you can follow the steps there to assign Slido session to Powerpoint decks that you will create through above mentioned copying.

If you’d like to consult this more, please contact us via email to support@slido.com with more details regarding your setup, account and event codes. That way we can take a closer look into your case.

Hope this helps!

Is there a way to easily convert a poll to a survey if you need to share it differently?

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hello @GSBD25,

it is possible to convert polls into a survey. Please check this article to see how it can be achieved. In case you would like to share a hyperlink to an individual poll you can also do it this way: