Duplicate your event

• 24 August 2020
  • 11 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

You can duplicate your events to use your polls and surveys as a template, or copy the whole setup such as multiple rooms and event settings.

Duplicate your event

To duplicate your event:

1. Hover over the event, click the options icon and select Duplicate
  2. Change the event name and code if needed
  3. Hit Duplicate

file.php?view=Y&file=sw2r10b28tthprs2ytbntthyuua2vn59.gif

Without an active subscription, your new event will be automatically set up as Basic.

What gets duplicated:

• Event settings
  • Multiple rooms
  • Created polls

What doesn't get duplicated:

• Agenda
  • Poll sessions
  • Event analytics
  • Submitted questions
  • Submitted poll responses
  • Individual poll settings (Locked voting and Visible results)

This feature is not available with our one-time plans

Curious to learn more?

Slido Blogs:

11 replies

Hey Community!!

I am starting up my first quiz and I was wondering… I need to have three times the same question (or close). Can I duplicate question 1 into question 2?

Thanks

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @Jul-BCR,

Unfortunately, it’s not possible to duplicate questions within a quiz. At the moment, it is only possible to duplicate a whole quiz but not individual questions. 

It is definitely on our radar for product improvements, however, we don’t have an ETA on this feature yet. 

So, for now, copy + pasting the text is your best option.

Please let me know if there’s anything else that I can help with!

Can I duplicate other people’s survey?

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @yako,

No, at the moment you can’t duplicate other users’ events and surveys but if you are a guest collaborator in someone else’s event, you will find the polls from that event in My templates. You can then add these polls to your events.

Hope this helps! :)

We have a multi day event going on in Europe.  In each European City we are conducting (2) separate events; Day 1 is for Sellers and Day 2 is for Partners.  I created a new Slido for Day 1.  I then duplicated the Day 1 event for Sellers and changed the name and code for the day 2 event.  

The Day 1 went fine and all our results were captured.  After Day 2, however, we are seeing our Day 2 results in our Day 1 Slido event.  My question to you - if we duplicate an event, does it not become a separate Event?  Is it an extension of the event you duplicated?  OR - is this a product defect?  Please advise. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hello @MelG 

When you duplicate events the data should be kept separate. It can happen if the events had same event code that participants were joining to the wrong event but I cannot confirm this as I do not know your exact events.

Would you mind reaching out to support@slido.com for exact investigation? Our team will be able to confirm what happened. 

I created a PowerPoint presentation and integrated a Slido event. The goal is for other trainers to use this presentation when they facilitate a training session in their respective regions. In this case, do I simply duplicate the event, assign the event per trainer, and share it to the trainer and grant access? Thanks!

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hey @Ronald Q ,

To be sure that the events are not being run during the same time and keeping the analytics/data separated, I would suggest duplicating the Slido event X amount of times, as well as the PPT Deck X amount of times, and integrating each Slido event to its own PPT presentation and inviting the specific collaborator to the event that way. So that each trainer has their own PPT with Slido event for their own use.

Each Collaborator will need to have PPT integration downloaded to whichever computer they will be using/presenting from.

Let us know if you have any other questions!

Best,

Hey @Ronald Q ,

To be sure that the events are not being run during the same time and keeping the analytics/data separated, I would suggest duplicating the Slido event X amount of times, as well as the PPT Deck X amount of times, and integrating each Slido event to its own PPT presentation and inviting the specific collaborator to the event that way. So that each trainer has their own PPT with Slido event for their own use.

Each Collaborator will need to have PPT integration downloaded to whichever computer they will be using/presenting from.

Best,

Thank you @Carly from Slido! This is very helpful.

Documentation says that “settings” are duplicated. Does this include the sharing options? Because I seem to have to invite collaborators every time I duplicate a session.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hey @bbmorrison ,

Only the settings for the event will duplicate over, but the people you provide access to will need to be invited again. If you would need to use the same event with the same people I would suggest re-using the same event and resetting the polls each time.

Alternatively if you are on a an Enterprise or Institution plan you can utilize our Spaces feature which allows a group of people to automatically have access to any event within that Space.

Best,