Export your questions, poll results, quiz leaderboard, and ideas

• 24 August 2020
  • 43 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Once your event is over and you wish to work with the information you collected, the easiest way to do this is to download your data.

Available in our Engage plan and higher.

In this article:

To see all the features you used in the Export, please make sure they're enabled in your Event settings.

Export Audience Q&A

You can export Slido Questions into an Excel spreadsheet file.

1. Go to Analytics
  2. Click Export
  3. Select Questions

file.php?view=Y&file=i7sp11d6jcvj9y689x2msh5zf7tqo9rb.gif

This automatically generates a file with questions - it includes timestamps, names (if provided), and the number of upvotes.

This is what an export file looks like:

An example of an Excel export file

If you have Multiple rooms, each one of them will have a separate sheet within the export (along with a sheet for your overall export)

Question exports columns explained:

• Question text - This column consists of the complete texts of submitted questions
  • Score - Each question has a score which is the difference between the upvotes and downvotes it received, i.e. how popular the question was
  • Upvotes - The number of upvotes which a given question received
  • Labels - If you're using our Labels feature, you can see those in exports as well
  • Downvotes - The number of downvotes which a given question received
  • Highlighted You can see whether a question has been highlighted or not (1 means yes and 0 means no)
  • Starred - You can see whether a question has been starred or not (1 means yes and 0 means no)
  • Status - You can see the current status of each question at the time of the export
    • Rejected - The question wasn't approved
    • Live - The question was approved and is currently live
    • Answered - The question was approved and then marked as answered
    • Archived - The question was approved and then archived (not marked as answered)
    • Pending - The question is still under review (it hasn't been approved or rejected yet)
  • User ID - Each user has their own randomly generated user ID assigned
  • User name - If you've asked for the name of your participants, you can see it here (they can still choose to remain Anonymous)
  • Room If you're looking at overall exports, this column tells you in which room a certain question has been asked
  • Sentiment - Thanks to our in-house built machine learning model, we can assign a tone to each question (Positive, Negative, Neutral)
  • Submission date - The date on which the question was posted
  • Submission time - The time when the question was posted

Please note that if your Q&A exceeds 1000 questions, your event analytics won’t load and you won’t be able to export questions yourself. Please contact support@slido.com or your dedicated account manager, and they can assist you with the export.

This is to ensure optimal performance of Slido. 

Export Ideas

You can export Slido Ideas into an Excel spreadsheet file.

1. Go to Analytics
  2. Click Export
  3. Select Ideas

file.php?view=Y&file=sn73g09zlsqv8lhwsp5n7qkn42l87c2s.gif

If you're using Ideas Replies, those aren't available in our exports.

This is what an export file looks like:

file.php?view=Y&file=kl90ne4tcs5wr4j38jzcj0ktywrigf3d.png

Export Poll results

You can download your poll results as PDF or Excel spreadsheet files.

1. Go to Analytics
  2. Click Export
  3. Select Poll results to see overall results or Poll results per user to see how each of the participants voted

file.php?view=Y&file=rr15bezuhu4r5oxny1swl2bmgv3ssigg.gif

Export of overall results:

This export simply shows the results of all your polls and surveys. Here are some examples of what it looks like:

Export of results per user:

Exports per user allow you to match the answers or votes with respective participants. Each of them has a unique User ID that you can track. 

If you asked your participants to enter their name and/or email when joining your event, you’ll see their data in this export. This can be especially useful when you're using polls with correct answers.

Here's an example of the export file when participants filled in their names:

Example of Poll results per user export with multiple rooms

You can see how your participants voted in individual polls by clicking the sheets named by the room number.

Poll exports columns explained:

• Poll ID - Each poll has its unique randomly created ID
  • Poll type - The type of poll which you're looking at (Open text, Word cloud, Rating, Multiple choice, Quiz)
  • Poll question - The full text of your poll question
  • Poll option - The answer to the poll question in that row
  • Count - The total number of people who voted for that specific answer (if it is either an open text poll or a word cloud, the answer will be 1)
  • Total votes - The total number of votes received in that poll
  • Results - For multiple-choice polls, you can see the percentage of votes which each answer received. For rating polls, this will be the average score of submitted answers.
  • Survey name - If the poll was created under a survey, you can see what the name of that survey was
  • Room - If you're looking at overall exports, this column tells you in which room a certain poll has been asked
  • User ID - Each user has their own randomly generated user ID assigned
  • User name - If you've asked for the name of your participants, you can see it here (they can still choose to remain Anonymous)
  • Submission date - The date on which the poll answer was submitted (in the Export all tab)
  • Submission time - The time when the poll answer was submitted (in the Export all tab)

Please note that if your Polls exceeds 1000 poll responses, your event analytics won’t load and you won’t be able to export the poll responses yourself. Please contact support@slido.com or your dedicated account manager, and they can assist you with the export.

This is to ensure optimal performance of Slido. 

Export your data using Google Sheets

If you prefer, instead of downloading a .PDF or .XLS file, you can stay online using Google Sheets - choose Export to Google when exporting your data. 

This will create a new spreadsheet under your Google account with the respective data.

file.php?view=Y&file=gme19e3ehnwzcr6qwthkxdr4xqyg0sxm.gif

Curious about more?

43 replies

Can I see the live results of multiple answers?
Example: I ask 2 questions like “how big is your company?” and “what industry is your company in?”.
In the LIVE meeting, I want to see and select one person in a big company of a specific industry.
Thus, can I see and filter the results live in a google sheet?

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @philippstein,

You can see poll results live, but you can’t filter for individual responses live. When you activate a poll or a survey and open Present mode, you can see all participants’ answers as they come in live. To filter for individual responses, you need to export poll results per user after you’ve collected all responses. This will give you a spreadsheet with all the participants’ individual responses and you can filter the results there.

I can see how it would be useful to filter responses live, so I will submit this as a feature request. Thank you for sharing your use case :)

Let me know if you have any more questions.

is it also foreseen for a participant to export the complete Q&A section?

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @CGutjahr81,

No, participants cannot export anything from Slido. Only those who have access to Slido admin (event owners, guests) can export from the event.

Hope this helps :)

Does Slido keep tally’s of polls?  I am looking to use Slido for meeting ice breakers.  I’d like to keep a running tally of participants scores to award a prize to the individual who has the highest score after a series of polls.  Thanks.  

Badge

Hi @Bobby Love,

To keep tally of participants’ scores, you can either use a quiz poll or export the results. Our quiz poll keeps track of participants scores automatically and gives you a leaderboard at the end. You can then export your quiz results as an Excel spreadsheet.

1. Go to Analytics
  2. Click Export
  3. Select Download export
  4. Select Quiz leaderboards

Alternatively, you could run any polls and then export Poll results per user to see how each participant responded.

I have a similar question to @Bobby Love - I have the same poll duplicated month over month and each month I want to track that specific month’s metrics from the analytics tab. However, it pulls cumulative data even though the previous month poll has been deactivated. Is there a way to only track the active poll? I am afraid to delete the previous month poll and lose the results.

Thank you!

Badge

Hi @LindsayBell,

To track a specific month’s metrics, export poll results per user. Once you have the data downloaded, you will need to format cells as a table then filter the data in your table by clicking the sort button next to the column header. Sort by submission date relevant to the specific month you would like to pull the data from. 

Hope this helps :) Let me know if you have any further questions.

When counting “votes” for a specific for a Multiple Choice/Multiple Answer poll,  Is the number of TOTAL VOTES the same as the number of people that voted?  or is it the number of total votes (answers) received? 

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @eduardox,

In an exported sheet of a Multiple choice poll, the Total votes column shows how many people voted in the poll overall. The Count column shows how many votes each option in the poll received.

In the example below, 4 people voted in the poll overall and ‘Polar’ received 1 vote.

Hope this helps :)

How can I print the answer choice in the powerpoint?

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @Hamc1701

If you mean physically print out the answer choice, you should be able to do this by selecting the print option on the slide you’d like to print within Windows PowerPoint. 

If you’re trying to export your results, please follow this tutorial:

If you need immediate assistance, feel free to reach out to our fantastic customer care team by opening a chat from Slido admin or writing to support@slido.com. 

Hope this helps!

Is it on the roadmap to add more “testing” capabilities? Think of a classroom scenario - Teacher would like to upload a pre-created “test/quiz” for the students to answer amongst their selves. It would be helpful to have some reporting capabilities that make it easier to export and categorize data per student so that a weighted grade can be applied to each student (ie. if you get 8/10 right, it automatically gives you a “B” or an 80%).  

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @Avanrooy

There are currently no plans in our roadmap to add weighted grade scores to quizzes. However, I can see how that would be great for our teacher Slido users! 😊 I will pass this feedback on to the wider team. 

In the meantime, our Slido for education page has some use cases and other tips and tricks for you to maximize your Slido tools in a classroom setting.

Hope this helps! 

Hello - 

I have a question, how can these reports (if possible) be exported via WebEx? We use WebEx Webinars and have added this app to all our accounts, but we are in the midst of integrating our WebEx to HubSpot and would love to know how the data appears and if it could be downloaded from WebEx

TY!

Neal

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hey @nrevane22 ,

Currently Slido Exports are only available from within the event when you log in at slido.com. We do not have a current roadmap for integrating these exports to Control Hub or directly from the integration itself quite yet.

I hope this helps!

Hi, 

Can I export questions from my event when using the free version of Slido? 

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hey @KatarinaZ,

No, exports are only available on our paid plans but you should be able to view and download Infographics.

Hope this helps! :)

Is there a way to export timeline results of poll engagement?

Example: we’ve had the poll up prior to an event and we wanted to see engagement comparisons of prior, during and after the event

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @Smikeliunas

There isn’t a way to automate this in Slido but I can see how it would be really useful in collecting insights!

As a workaround, you could export your poll results at points in the meeting as you said, prior, during and after, separately and see how they compare that way. To do this, after exporting the results at each time point, you would need to then reset the poll so you can accurately see the results from each point. You can also merge your polls into a survey and prompt your users to answer at points in the event.

Hope this helps!

I would like to print or export my Quiz (both question and answers) prior to using the quiz at my event. Is there a way to do that?

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hey @Goldie46,

At the moment, you cannot export your quiz questions and answers prior to using the quiz at your event, however there is a workaround:

1. Go to the quiz poll
  2. Click on the 3 dots next to it
  3. select ‘Edit’
  4. Right-click (on Windows) or control+click (on Mac)
  5. Select Print

Hope this helps! :) I will pass it on as a feature request.

Badge

My event is a one day event but it doesn’t mean it’ll go on for 24 hours. It’s a 4-hour event. The shortest event duration I can set up in Slido is one whole day. I don’t want to wait until midnight to see the poll results. I want to be able to see them as soon as the event ends after 4 hours and share it with the participants. How can I end the event early, and access the analytics without waiting for the next day?

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @aprilm,

No need to worry, you won’t have to wait until the event is over to see results. As soon as you activate a poll and participants submit answers, you will see them in your admin and present mode (if you’re showing the results).

We have a detailed explanation of how event dates work here:

Hope this helps! :)

Badge

Things I’m trying to understand are:

How can we see the names of the voters in the poll option?

Can i see the voter names while the poll is still live so I can see who’s yet to vote?

How can we see the analytics while the event is still live? It sends an email report the next day but that’s too late. The event is 4 hours long. We need to see the results as soon as the 4-hour period ends.