How many participants can ask questions or vote in polls?

• 7 September 2020
  • 13 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Whether you're running a Q&A session, testing the knowledge of your audience with a quiz, or sending out a feedback survey, up to 100 people can participate in an event with our Basic plan. With our paid plans, 200 - 5,000 participants can join. They can submit an unlimited number of questions, ideas, and poll votes.

Visit our Pricing page to see the overview of all our plans.

If you organize bigger meetings or events, you can request a quote by emailing support@slido.com

All Slido features are covered by an event. The maximum limit applies to the overall number of joined participants per event. You can check the statistics anytime in Analytics tab in your Admin.

For more information about our plans and features included, visit our pricing page

Invite participants to your event

All your attendees need to participate in an event is a computer or a mobile device and an Internet connection.

There's no need to download anything, they can join via event code, event link, or a QR code you share with them. Joining instruction is available anytime in Present mode which also displays questions and poll results for your audience. 

Curious about more? 

13 replies

For the 100 participant limit - is that how many can be in at the same time?  Or, it is whoever enters at any time (example - if someone logs in posts a Q and exits, that’s #1. Then another user logs in later that’s #2). 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @jamierefresco

The limit refers to the overall number of participants that join the event no matter if they ask a question or vote in polls. That means if one person joins and then leaves the event, they’re counted as one participant, then another person joins, they’re counted, too etc. 

Hope that makes sense. 

Best, 

Dáša from Slido

What happens to the people who try to log in after the max is reached? do they get a message?

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @DrK,

Participants who join after reaching the limit will not get a message, but it will show up in the participant count in your event analytics. They will be allowed to join the event and participate in polls and Q&A.

However, if you exceed the participant limit significantly (i.e. 10% more than the participant limit), we might block the event.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions :)

Hi! If I am running multiple Quiz instances at the same time from different computers in different rooms, does the 100 limit apply for each instance, or is it in total?

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @NewO

This would be the total on Slido free Basic plan, you can run one quiz per event. However, with paid plans, there is no limit to the amount of quizzes in your event. 
Our Engage plan would accommodate multiple quizzes for up to 200 participants. 

Based on the set up you have described, we also have multiple rooms, which allows you to use slido concurrently across one event. This is available with our Professional plan

Hope this is helpful! 

How many people can vote on the polls? 

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hey @ThePodDen,

The participant limit depends on your current plan. Visit our Pricing page to see the overview of all our plans.

Hope this helps! :)

on the free plan, can the 100 people included write unlimited responses to a world cloud - for example 10 answers each?

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @pkb89

As long as you have the allow multiple responses box checked when creating your Word cloud in Slido, this is fine! 😊

Let me know if you have any more questions! 

Best, 

Hello, I’ve read through these responses but it’s still not clear to me what a participant is in the context of an Event. Here’s a scenario for which I’m trying to decide which paid plan would be most appropriate:

• We have a 5 day-long event.
  • There will be 20 instances during the 5 days where we will want the audience to participate in a poll (essentially used as a voting tool).
  • The space the event takes place in can accommodate up to 200 seats/participants per instance.
  • The number of people in the space will vary from 0-200 per instance.
  • Some of these people will be the same people across the instances; some will be different.

What kind of paid plan would accommodate all of these variables? 

Is a participant in an Event essentially a user interaction with the tool? Or is there some personal data transmitted through participant interaction that the system will recognize as repeat users -- a single participant over the duration of the event. Does this distinction I’m trying to describe make sense?

If we had 200 different people in the room at each instance during the 5 day event, that would be 4,000 unique users and 4,000 unique interactions with the poll tool. If we had the same 200 people in the room at each instance during the 5 day event, that would be 200 unique users -- still 4,000 interactions with the poll tool, but from the same 200 people consistently. Does Slido see a difference between these scenarios? 

how can you create a poll and have people VOTE on various options?

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hey @TFTJADMIN ,

You can create and activate a Poll following this article. Then you can share your poll with your participants to send in their response.

There are different types of poll options you can choose from depending on the type of use case you have.

Let us know if you have any other questions!

Best,