Run a Survey via Slido

• 24 August 2020
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Surveys allow you to ask multiple poll questions at the same time. With surveys, you can group several polls, even of a different type, and let your participants respond to them at once. It's also a great way to ask for feedback.

Available in all paid plans. 

In this article:

Create a survey

If you’re starting from scratch and don’t have any polls in Slido yet, start by clicking “Create surveys” at the bottom of your ‘Live polls’ tab. 

To create a survey when you already have some other polls created: 

1. Go to Live Polls tab
  2. Click Create poll and select Survey
  3. Add polls to your survey
Creating a Survey

You can also fill in the survey name and add images to questions. The survey name can be up to 512 characters long. 

At the moment, it isn't possible to set up mandatory questions or dependencies in a Survey.

Quick Tip #1: Turning a single poll to a Survey

If you started with a poll but want to add more questions to it, you can simply do so by clicking ‘Create a survey’ button at the bottom. 

Creating a Survey by adding more questions to a poll

Quick Tip #2: Merging single polls to a Survey

Did you create your polls separately, but then decided to run them all at once? Don’t you worry, you can easily select the ones you want to group to a survey and merge them together. The article below shows you how: 

Edit and re-order poll questions in a Survey

Click the three vertical dots next to the Survey to edit its content or simply drag and drop your poll questions in the survey to change their order.

Editing a Survey

Changes appear immediately in all modes even when the survey is activated.

Activate a Survey

To activate your survey, click the play icon next to it. Once you do that, the survey will show all questions on the participant devices.

Activating a Survey

Display Survey results

You can display the results for only one Survey question at a time on the Present mode. Just click the arrow next to the poll question when you're ready to show the results. Once in Present mode, the results will also appear on the participants’ devices.   

Displaying Survey results

Please note that your participants will see the results on their devices only if you click the arrows for individual Survey questions in the admin mode during a live meeting or event.

If needed, you can share your survey with the audience using a direct link. This can especially be useful if you're aiming to collect feedback once your event or meeting is over.

1. Click the vertical dots next to the survey and select Share
  2. Simply send the Direct link via email or share it on social media
Getting a direct link to Survey

Curious about more?

8 replies

Is it possible to deactivate the “edit answer” button? So participants should not be able to change answers after pressing the “send” button.

Thx.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi there, 

Thanks for your question!

At the moment, it’s not possible to prevent participants from editing their votes. Having said that, if you run the survey live, one workaround might be to lock the voting after everybody’s finished so people don’t change their votes while you’re presenting the results. ​​​​​​​I understand this might not be possible if you shared the link to the survey and everybody goes through it on their own. ​​​​​​​

I marked this as a feature request and forwarded it to our product team for further consideration.

--
​​​​​​​Dáša from Slido

Is there any way to allow more than one response to a survey?  I know we can for individual polls...

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @Em_grrrl,

That’s a good question. Surveys only allow one response per participant at the moment. This is because the browser remembers that the participant submitted their response and it doesn’t let them submit again.

You could, however, create a poll with multiple answers allowed and share a link to it with your participants. This will take participants to that specific poll and let them submit multiple answers even after the event is over. Here is a tutorial for sharing the link.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions :)

Is it possible to add branching logic to a Survey so some questions are presented based on the participants response? For example if the question is “Are you satisfied with the service you receive” Yes/No and the participants selects no they are presented with a question “Please tell us why you are not satisfied.”  Thx!

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @Todd,

Unfortunately, this is currently not possible with Slido. 

Our team is working on improvements to our Surveys though, and this is definitely one of the features they’re exploring. However, we don’t have anything concrete in terms of development and timeline for this feature yet. I’ll make sure to update this thread once we have more info!

Let me know it there’s anything else that I can help with in the meantime 😊

Hi,

Is it possible to share a survey before an event has been activated? I know it’s possible to do this to collect questions before an event, but we would like to use Slido to collect input on conference topics and sessions in the two months ahead of the event. We plan to use the One-Time Professional plan in this case.

Thanks,

Eoghan

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @eoghan,

Yes, you can share a survey before an event has been activated :)

Simply create your survey and get the direct link by clicking on the three dots next to the poll, then ‘Share’ and then ‘Direct link’. Then send the direct link to your participants and they will be able to fill in the survey. This link can be shared any time, even outside of the event dates (even two months before the event) and you don’t need to activate the poll.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you need anything else 🎉