Integrate Slido with PowerPoint to create live polls, quiz competitions or Q&A sessions directly in your slides.
This integration works on Windows 10 21H1 and later and Microsoft PowerPoint 2013 and later.
In this article:
Download and install the integration
- Download the app
- Install it on your computer
- Launch it
Open the sidebar in PowerPoint
Now open your PowerPoint presentation and you'll see the Slido button appear in the Home tab. Click it to log in with your Slido account.
Don’t see the button? Restart PowerPoint.
Add live polls, quizzes, and Q&A to your presentation
To Add a live poll, select an option in the sidebar, type your question, and add options. To start creating your quiz questions click Add a quiz. There will be a leaderboard at the end. To display audience questions Add a Q&A slide.
After you save your poll question, you can set your results to appear immediately, on click, or to hide them completely from your audience.
- Show immediately: The poll results are displayed as soon as you get to your slide with the poll.
- Show on click: The poll itself is displayed automatically when you get to your slide with the poll. Advancing one more click will display the poll results (see the GIF below).
- Do not show: The poll itself is displayed automatically when you get to your slide with the poll. Advancing one more click will take you to the next slide in your presentation without showing the poll results.
- Image polls: If you add images to your polls, you can choose to show the image and poll side by side, show the image before results or not show the results
If you need to access additional settings (eg privacy), open the sidebar, click on the event name and select Open additional settings.
Customize your slides
To change the theme of Slido slides, set custom colors or upload a custom background image directly in PowerPoint:
- Click on the hamburger menu icon in the top left of the sidebar
- Select Customize
- Select your theme or click Edit and select custom colours or upload a background image
Once you've finished preparing your slides and you're ready to go, start your slideshow.
The poll will appear automatically and the results will update in real time on your slide and on the participant devices.
Ask your audience to join
The poll and Q&A slides automatically include a Slido event code and QR code that the participants will use to join your session and participate.
Collaborating on a presentation
If you’re preparing the presentation with someone else, they’ll be able to see the Slido interaction slides as well.
First of all, make sure that you have the AutoSave option enabled in PowerPoint. This will sync the file either with your OneDrive or SharePoint account. You can then share the presentation with your colleague.
In order for the presentation to run properly with Slido, it is needed that:
- The person presenting has our Slido for PowerPoint app installed
- The person presenting has access to the Slido event which is linked to the presentation. This can be achieved either by requesting access to the event via the sidebar (as shown below) or by adding the person to the event in Slido Admin.
It is currently not possible to unlink a Slido event from the Powerpoint presentation, but you can reuse the event or add a new session to your presentation.
Switch session and/or organization
If you’ve linked an incorrect Slido event with your PowerPoint slide deck, you can:
- Open the hamburger menu in the sidebar
- Click on Switch session
- Select the event you wish to link with your PowerPoint (Note: if the event is under a different Slido organization, switch to it first in the upper right corner)
I have created a poll in ppt and have added a background graphics, changed the typeface etc.
When switching to presenter mode,
Am I doing sth wrong or is this a slido error?
Sorry to hear the integration is behaving strangely!
How did you set up the customization? Could you share some screenshots of what you see?
This sometimes happens if you have the Display Settings in PowerPoint set up to "Optimize for best appearance". Try the steps below and let me know if it helped:
Go to File > Options > General > User Interface options
Set it to Optimize for compatibility
Let me know if anything’s unclear :)
@Meggie from Slido , thank you for your answer.
I have found out how to customize the slido pages with background graphics etc now. And you hint to change ppt options did the magic!!!
All the best
Happy to hear it helped,
Hi, I am a new Slido user. I have created an event in Slido and want to insert it into my PPT. However, when I click on the Slido button no events show up in my side panel (see below). Any help would be greatly appreciated!
You are not seeing the event in PowerPoint as your Slido event needs to be created with the Slido add in whilst using Slido for PowerPoint to link them. Once you create a new event in PowerPoint, this will show in the Slido sidebar.
We have a great troubleshooting if you run into any issues and this article states any limitations to the integration.
Hope these help!
Hi Slido team,
after my presetnations I usually print a PDF version of the slides. WOuld it be possible to integrate the results of Polls and Q&A in the print-version and/or add them to the powerpoint if you end the survey?
I have a Slido presentation that has already been linked in PowerPoint that I’ve taken over for my team. I am attempting to add some additional slides to the presentation to include the remaining quiz questions that haven’t been included in the original presentation. How do I do this effectively?
I tried to duplicate the previous slide and add the new quiz question that way, but it ended up changing both slides when I input the question. I seem to be missing about 5 questions from the quiz - how do I now add them to PowerPoint so they actually appear for the participants?
Your help is greatly appreciated!
I’m sorry to hear about the issue you’re having. Would you be able to contact our customer care team, they’re available 24/5 and will able to look into what’s happened here in more detail. You can contact them via our live chat or by reaching out to email@example.com
Let me know if you have any more questions!